Lucy Lawless all set to join the cast of SpartacusDecember 14th, 2010 - 1:51 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Dec 13 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Actress Lucy Lawless is all set to star in “Spartacus: Gods of the Arena”. She is the star is “Xena: the Warrior Princess” and “Battlestar Gallatica”. She is going to enact the character of Lucretia in the show. Her costar would be John Hannah. The first season of the show was a major success and so the second season of the show is eagerly awaited by its fans.
Prior to this, the lead actor of Spartacus was Andy Whitfield. However after the 1st season, Andy was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma so the producers of the show decided to search for a new lead actor. It is still not clear who would be the lead actor in the 2nd season. Even the exact filming date is yet to be finalized.
Meanwhile the script of the upcoming season is so full of sex and nudity that Lucy is asking her parents not to watch the show at all.
Lucy said that, “I’m forbidding my parents to watch. Well, I’d like to — but unfortunately they’re grownups, and I can’t really tell them what to do. But I cringe to think of them watching the prequel.”
- 'Spartacus: Season 2' will be sexier, more violent than first - Dec 14, 2010
- TV's 'most sexually explicit series' set for UK screening - Jan 25, 2010
- Andy Whitfield diagnosed with cancer - Mar 10, 2010
- "Spartacus Blood And Sand" Season 2 Not To Air Soon - Apr 17, 2010
- 'Spartacus: Blood and Sand' causes outrage in US with scenes of Roman orgies - Mar 02, 2010
- Lucy Lawless to star in Roman drama - Mar 31, 2009
- Lucy Lawless again battling it out in the Spartacus - Jan 27, 2010
- Lucy Lawless to go nude for 'Spartacus' - Mar 27, 2010
- Spartacus, TV's 'most explicit show', shoots raunchy foursome - Feb 02, 2010
- Vitamin K may help keep non-hodgkin lymphoma at bay - Apr 20, 2010
- Smoking, obesity, alcohol affect survival of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma patients - May 14, 2010
- Now, Annual Anatomy Awards for best celeb nude scenes - Feb 23, 2011
- David Hasselhoff fancied 'Xena: Warrior Princess' star Lucy Lawless - Jan 09, 2011
- New drug type developed to kill lymphoma cells - May 11, 2010
- Four Weddings and a Funeral's John Hannah enjoys Roman orgy in 'Spartacus' - May 27, 2010
Tags: actress lucy, battlestar gallatica, costar, grownups, john hannah, lucretia, lucy lawless, lymphoma, non hodgkin lymphoma, nudity, parents, prequel, producers, second season, spartacus, warrior princess, whitfield