‘Luck By Chance’ music is a hit all the way (IANS Music Review)January 8th, 2009 - 11:54 am ICT by IANS
Film: “Luck By Chance”; Music Director: Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy; Lyricist: Javed Akhtar; Singers: Shekhar Ravjiani, Loy Mendonsa, Shankar Mahadevan, Ila Arun, Mahalakshmi Iyer, Amit Paul and Sunidhi Chauhan. Rating: ***Zoya Akhtar’s debut film “Luck By Chance”, which has tunes by the remarkable trio of Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, reinforces one’s faith in good music. The composers also prove that Bollywood musicians aren’t shy of experimenting.
The album has a robust mix of songs of different genres, a trademark of Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy that will enthrall audiences and at the same time give them sensible renditions to hum.
“Yeh zindagi bhi” is a soulful, soft number, which is very melodious too. With surprise singers Loy Mendonsa and Shekhar Ravjiani, the track has all the qualities of winning listners’ hearts.
“Baaware” is a rendition that has great singing by Shankar Mahadevan, Ila Arun and a few folk singers. The song with a rustic feel is fast paced and leaves one almost breathless owing to its tempo. It is an ensemble of acoustic and electronic, merged with folk beats and melody.
The “Baaware Remix” will also bowl you over. Definitely a must-have on all DJ consoles in the days to come.
A romantic number is a must to complete an album by the trio and “Luck By Chance” is no exception. “Pyaar ki dastaan” is a regular, mushy and soft number. Very conventional and ordinary, it is sung by newcomer Amit Paul who does not disappoint. Mahalakshmi Iyer also joins him behind the mike.
“Sapno se bhare naina”, which is high on captivating beats and is already attracting a huge fan base, sees Shankar delving deep into his classical roots. The contemporary yet traditional number is one of the best in the album that boasts of great music and heart-warming lyrics.
Guitar strumming is predominant in “Yeh aaj kya ho gaya” sung by Sunidhi Chauhan. A song that celebrates life, it is refreshing and soothing. The singer has done full justice with this rhythmic, young and hip song that is sure to make a mark with youngsters.
Up next is “O rahi re” - a poignant, philosophical song with a subtle sufi flavour. While Shankar’s mature rendition of the song makes it for a very pleasant hear, the brilliant and emotive lyrics pull one’s heartstrings.
On the whole, “Luck By Chance” stands for quality like most of the albums by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy. A perfect soundtrack with medium-paced songs, great singing and hummable lyrics, the album is a sure shot hit.
- 'Patiala House' packs in entertaining tracks (IANS Music Review) - Jan 17, 2011
- Light, feel good music in 'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara'(IANS Music Review) - Jun 14, 2011
- 'Patiala House' Music Is Not Different But Entertaining - Jan 17, 2011
- Experience magic of 1980s with 'Housefull' music (IANS Music Review) - Mar 27, 2010
- 'Kaisi hai ye' shines in 'Karthik Calling Karthik' (IANS Music Review) - Jan 21, 2010
- Top 10 Bollywood songs (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 23, 2010
- 'Kaun si dor' only gem in 'Aarakshan' music (IANS Music Review) - Jul 17, 2011
- 'I Hate Luv Storys' offers impressive love songs (IANS Music Review) - May 28, 2010
- 'Game' soundtrack edgy with international feel (IANS Music Review) - Feb 24, 2011
- Bollywood touch lends glitz to CWG closure (Lead) - Oct 14, 2010
- 21 music artists come together for new 'Vande Mataram' - Jan 25, 2012
- Prasoon Joshi turns composer for 'Aarakshan' - Jun 09, 2011
- Young and zippy 'Break Ke Baad' music makes a mark (IANS Music Review) - Oct 21, 2010
- 'Aarakshan' songs have universal appeal: Jha - Jun 01, 2011
- Loy Mendonsa's daughter Alyssa debuts with Uff Teri Adaa - Jan 29, 2010