Luciano Pavarotti ‘kept daughter by his side on deathbed’January 17th, 2010 - 2:02 pm ICT by ANI
London, January 17 (ANI): Late operatic tenor Luciano Pavarotti’s widow revealed that the musician kept their four-year-old daughter by his side when he was on deathbed.
Nicoletta Mantovani said the Italian singer loved their child Alice “to the nth degree” and wanted to be with her “until the very last moment”.
“I knew that Alice was the best medicine for Luciano and I knew that for our daughter it would be important, even in future, to know she had been part of this,” Times Online quoted her as saying.
She further revealed that despite suffering from severe pain due to tumor, Pavarotti continued to teach Alice how to paint.
Mantovani insists Alice, who was three back then, understood her father’s physical condition well.
She even made him eat food, saying: “This evening I’m daddy’s girlfriend and I’m giving him food.”
Mantovani made the revelation in letter to Lisa Galli, a psychologist and close friend, who published it in her book ‘When Life Changes Colour’.
Pavarotti’s passed away in September 2007 at the age of 71. (ANI)
- Pavarotti's widow wants a museum for him - Oct 13, 2010
- Tenors join hands to honour Pavarotti at Petra - Oct 14, 2008
- Pavarotti's widow sues his pals for defamation - Nov 27, 2007
- Pavarotti's widow slams 'unseemly' Italian media gossip - Nov 14, 2007
- Australia's most famous opera singer, Dame Joan Sutherland, dies aged 83 - Oct 12, 2010
- Pregnant Camila experiences new things - Aug 17, 2012
- Italian singer dies while on tour - Mar 02, 2012
- Pavarottis widow collects award on his behalf - Nov 15, 2007
- Tori Spelling's daughter's hair, nail fetish - Sep 10, 2012
- Amy's dad to share her handwritten notes with fans - Jun 18, 2012
- Berry keeps shoes for daughter - Apr 21, 2012
- A 'badass' Jovovich in 'Resident Evil' - Sep 14, 2012
- Victoria scouted model at beach party - May 12, 2011
- Gary Lineker is 'daddy day-care' as wife Danielle tours with Calendar Girls - Mar 22, 2011
- Genetic disorder turns 9-yr-old Brit girl into 'Jekyll and Hyde' - Nov 15, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,