Low profile was not intentional, says SonakshiMay 24th, 2012 - 6:56 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 24 (IANS) Post the success of “Dabangg”, Sonakshi Sinha maintained a low profile and stayed away from media glare. She says it was not intentional as she was working non-stop during that period.
“It was not intentional. I don’t think anything that I do is intentional…It is just a coincidence as some films got delayed due to whatever reasons,” Sonakshi told reporters here, adding that her second release “Rowdy Rathore” is coming before time.
“In fact, ‘Rowdy Rathore’ is releasing early…I have no complaints that I was not seen on screen for one-and-half years as I was busy shooting for all the films that I signed, doing advertisements and shows. So I have been working non-stop. Workwise it has been a good year-and-half for me,” she added.
“Rowdy Rathore”, directed by Prabhu Deva, will see Sonakshi romancing Akshay Kumar. It hits the screens June 1.
The 24-year-old has five major films in her kitty right now.
Sonakshi said: “I feel I am blessed. I love what I do and I look forward to doing that every single day. If I have one-two day gap in between, I think what to do? I feel I am lucky - I am doing ‘Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai 2′, ‘Joker’, ‘Dabangg 2′, ‘Son Of Sardar’ and ‘Lootera’.”
Acting happened by chance to her.
“I thought I will never do any movies. I did not know that I would end up doing movies. I feel it is all due to destiny, I don’t think there is anything else. I was studying fashion and was almost on the verge of becoming a designer, but acting happened by chance to me. But when a film like ‘Dabangg’ is offered to you, you can’t say no,” she said.
The actress gives credit to her “Dabangg” co-star Salman Khan for encouraging her to become an actress.
“The credit absolutely goes to Salman. He always encouraged me. When I was studying fashion, at that time he used to tell me leave all this and become an actress. I was like very huge (overweight) that time and used to ask him how can you see an actress in me? He encouraged me to become fit and join the film industry. I will always be thankful to him,” she said.
- No bikini for Sonakshi - May 22, 2012
- Sonakshi itching for an image makeover? - Nov 24, 2011
- Sonakshi hopes for double whammy with Akshay - Jul 30, 2012
- Sonakshi off to Paris Fashion Week - Oct 02, 2011
- If presented decently, Sonakshi game for item songs - May 29, 2012
- Salman doesn't need good luck wishes: Sonakshi - Aug 13, 2012
- I don't believe in competition: Sonakshi Sinha - Aug 03, 2011
- Sonakshi's cousin Bhavna set to enter filmdom (With Image) - May 31, 2012
- Juhi flattered by 'idol' Lata's compliment (Movie Snippets) - Nov 17, 2011
- Sonakshi kicked about meatier role in 'Kick' - Jun 04, 2011
- Don't mix the two 'Chammak challos: Sonakshi - May 22, 2012
- Designer Shabina Khan turns producer with 'Rowdy Rathore' - Apr 03, 2012
- SRK back to clean shaven look (Movie Snippets) - Dec 27, 2011
- Potboilers' successful run has continued: Sanjay Leela Bhansali - Jun 11, 2012
- Sonakshi guarded about 'Rowdy Rathore' sequel - Jun 23, 2012
Tags: actress, akshay kumar, co star, coincidence, day gap, gap, glare, good year, half years, low profile, may 24, mumbai, overweight, prabhu deva, rathore, salman khan, sardar, single day, star salman khan, verge