Lovelorn Fiza to act in Desh Drohi sequel (Lead)April 1st, 2009 - 11:00 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, April 1 (IANS) Anuradha Bali alias Fiza, whose short-lived marriage with former Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammed hogged the headlines before a tragic climax, will be acting in Bollywood movie “Desh Drohi-II”, based on the Mumbai terrorist attack.
“We have signed Fiza for ‘Desh Drohi-II’. The story of the movie will be based on terror attack on the Hotel Taj in Mumbai last year,” producer Kamal Khan told reporters here Wednesday.
“After seeing her confidence on TV, I have offered the role of a lawyer to Fiza in my film. This is not a difficult task for her, as in real life she is a very successful lawyer. I have full confidence in her and I believe her popularity will certainly help our movie to do good business,” said Khan.
Khan had earlier made a controversial film “Desh Drohi”, based on the Maharashta Navnirman Sena’s campaign against north Indians in that state.
Confirming she has accepted the role, Fiza said: “I am playing an important role in the movie and hope for a good stint in Bollywood.”
Talking about Chand, she said: “If he comes in front of me, I will slap him thrice on his face in the same way in which he had given me talaq (divorce). Despite pressures, I am determined to fight for my rights and justice.”
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- Fiza to pursue legal battle against Chander Mohan - Oct 29, 2009
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza over phone - Mar 14, 2009
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Chand Mohammed gives talaq to Fiza - Mar 14, 2009
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza from London (Lead) - Mar 14, 2009
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- Police detain Fiza over neighbour's complaint - Oct 17, 2010
- 'Deshdrohi' producer slaps legal notice on firm - Apr 03, 2009
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- I will ruin Chand's life, says angry Fiza - Jun 05, 2009
Tags: alias, anuradha, april 1, bali, chand, controversial film, deputy chief minister, fiza, good business, indians, kamal khan, lawyer, maharashta, mohammed, mohan, sequel, stint, terror attack, terrorist attack, tragic climax