Loveleen’s going solo soonMarch 14th, 2009 - 10:04 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
‘Slumdog Millionaire’s co-director Loveleen Tandan might not be getting as much coverage as director Danny Boyle, actors Anil Kapoor, Irrfan Khan, Dev Patel, Freida Pinto and the rest but the lady’s really very proud about being associated with the award winning movie.
But the lady who’s done so much for the film, is still to come to terms about the hysteria surrounding the film.
She’s said, “I’m taken aback by the success of ‘Slumdog Millionaire’. I’ve contributed so much to it, I never felt I wasn’t part of it. I never needed any endorsement.”
The Oscar glory is something she’s still enjoying.
She’s said, “My favourite moment at the Oscars was when A R Rahman came on stage and started to sing ‘O Saya’ with the dancers. I got goose bumps, and within seconds I was weeping. I felt so homesick at that moment. My worst nightmare was I’d trip and fall on my saree on red carpet.”
Now there are talks about Anil Kapoor wanting to produce a film which she would direct. But she’s still not sure about the future, including whether Danny Boyle would work with her later or not.
She’s said, “I’ll be doing my own film now. I’m scripting it. All I can say about it is that it won’t be a female-centric film just because I am making it. I don’t see myself as only a woman. My film will have strong voices from both strong men and women characters. As of now, I’m busy with the making of “Slumdog Millionaire’. There was a guy Sujeet filming the entire crew and unit shooting our film. And I think there’s a book on the making of “Slumdog Millionaire’ coming up.”
Looks like this talented lady has the capability to make great cinematic contributions! Her career is worth watching out for! -Sampurn Media
- Loveleen Tandan can't get over Oscar memories - Mar 13, 2009
- Proud to co-star with Anil Kapoor: Ronit Roy - Dec 23, 2011
- Anil to shoot for Hollywood film 'Cities' in November - Jun 17, 2011
- Boyle credits 'Slumdog Millionaire' success for '127 Hours' - Jan 10, 2011
- Fairytale ride continues for 'Slumdog Millionaire' children - Mar 22, 2012
- Anil Kapoor desperate to move on from 'Slumdog Millionaire' success - Jul 27, 2010
- Where's Anil Kapoor in 'Mission Impossible 4' trailer, ask fans - Jul 01, 2011
- All gone in fire, grieves 'Slumdog' star Rubina Ali - Mar 05, 2011
- Thanks to Hollywood, it's yesterday once more for Anil - Nov 10, 2011
- Anil Kapoor desperate to move on from 'Slumdog...' success - Jul 26, 2010
- Women don't have shelf life in showbiz: Freida Pinto - Nov 10, 2011
- Rahman hopes 'DAM 999' brings back Oscar - Dec 21, 2011
- Slumdog Story: Loveleen Tandon To Meet The Queen On October 13 - Oct 03, 2009
- 'Slumdog...' experience best for Freida - Aug 15, 2011
- Freida Pinto forced to celebrate 26th b'day sans beau Dev Patel - Oct 19, 2010
Tags: anil kapoor, co director, dancers, director danny boyle, freida, going solo, goose bumps, hysteria, irrfan khan, loveleen, millionaire, oscar glory, oscars, red carpet, saree, saya, strong men, talented lady, trip and fall, women characters