Love, Crabs And Family Dinner- Top Chef’s Kitchen Has it AllJuly 16th, 2010 - 8:44 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
July 16, (THAINDIAN NEWS) “Top Chef: D.C.” had “Love” as the main ingredient which made Wednesday’s episode a special one. To spur up things all around, the contestants (or should we call them of cheftestants) of the show had crabs for “Quickfire Challenge”.
Ed was the one who emerged as the winner with his “Thai-influenced dish” that made guest judge Patrick O’Connell of “The Inn” say that the dish had natural flavors of the crab. Amanda’s dish which Patrick O’Connell called a “fascinating gelee” was actually a disaster. It was evident that he didn’t want to taste it further. On the other hand, here was blue crab chowder of Kevin which landed the guest judge in confusion. He was scratching his brains as why Kevin went for such an odd combination. Moving ahead, the chefs crafted out a new plan for the Elimination Challenge which set the temperature high for one and all in the show. The contestants were assigned the task of preparing a family dinner which carried Ayrshire Farms ingredients. The contestants were paired alongside the same partners from last week challenges.
The male participants were never happy but the female contestants nodded in agreement. That was the moment when Kenny became the center of attraction in the show. “Love-struck” Angelo was perhaps the happiest one as it gave him a chance to get close to Tamesha. Ed on the other end, was heartbroken and anyone could see that. He had to buddy up with Alex and not Tiffany. If Ed was dying to be with Tiffany, she wasn’t happy either to be paired with Timothy.
- Love Represents The Theme In The 'Top Chef' Kitchen - Jul 16, 2010
- Its love in the air for Ed and Tiffany on the show 'Top Chef' - Jul 17, 2010
- Love is in the air on the show 'Top Chef' - Jul 16, 2010
- Palmer Judges Wannabe Top Chefs in Own Restaurant - Oct 15, 2009
- Singapore Sling Brings Victory To Kevin Sbraga - Sep 16, 2010
- O'Connell to make Broadway debut - Sep 18, 2011
- Check Out The Three Master Chef India Finalists - Dec 20, 2010
- Thomas Keller Appears As Guest Judge On Top Chef - Nov 19, 2009
- Not all pasta is pasta: Italian chef - Jun 24, 2011
- Larry Forgione's Son, Mark Forgione Is The Next Iron Chef - Nov 22, 2010
- Jonathan Waxman In "Top Chef Masters" - Jul 23, 2009
- Men are scared of me: Tulisa Contostavlos - Sep 05, 2012
- 'Foodistan' taught me about Pakistan's street food: Chef Manish Mehrotra - Mar 22, 2012
- Jerry O'Connell to play Herman Munster in TV reboot - Jun 06, 2012
- This British chef pairs gourmet food with health, nutrition (Feature with pics) - Mar 25, 2012
Tags: ayrshire, blue crab, brains, center of attraction, challenge ed, chefs, connell, crab chowder, crabs, dish, family dinner, gelee, guest judge, heartbroken, main ingredient, male participants, natural flavors, odd combination, tiffany, top chef