Lost cat found 278 miles from home after a year!January 23rd, 2011 - 1:46 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 23 (ANI): Harriet Parkinson couldn’t have been happier reuniting with her cat, Star, who disappeared in October 2009.
Star had been handed in to York Cats Protection Centre in York on January 10, where staff scanned a microchip that revealed the cat had originally come from their centre on the Isle of Wight, reports the Daily Mail.
Found almost 300 miles from home, Star had got Harriet and her children Isobel, seven, and five-year-old Austin really sad and worried, more so after they failed to find him after a frantic search, leaflet and a poster campaign.
“This Christmas I had given up hope we would ever get Star back and I went to the Cats Protection Centre, where we got him from and looked at adopting a new cat,” Parkinson said.
‘None of them jumped out at me like Star had, so I went away.”
“A few days later they called and said are you still interested in getting another cat, how would you feel about getting Star back? I couldn’t believe it,” she added. (ANI)
- Lost cat reunites with owners after 4 years - Dec 26, 2010
- Lost intrepid cat travels 300 miles on coach before being found! - Oct 04, 2009
- US woman dialing for customer service greeted by sex hotline - Feb 12, 2011
- Poodle reunited with owner after 18 months of 'mystery' - Jan 31, 2011
- Facebook helps a man find his lost cat - May 11, 2011
- Cat lost for 8 months found in Chicago, scores free flight home! - Apr 18, 2010
- Cat that went from New Mexico to Chicago reunited with owner 8 month on! - Apr 19, 2010
- Missing cat in UK returns home 7-yrs after disappearing - Jan 29, 2011
- Missing dog returns after five years - Nov 30, 2011
- Beauty queen Natalie Mitchell blames ex-fans for acid attack on her cat - Jan 04, 2011
- Cat reunited with owner - six years after vanishing! - Apr 10, 2010
- Stolen dog is found riding a bus - Nov 29, 2011
- Carl Douglas slams 'Kung Fu Fighting' singer's arrest - Apr 28, 2011
- Florida State routs Boston College - Nov 04, 2011
- Cat involved in South Carolina camper crash finally found - May 05, 2011