Look, who asked John to stripMay 10th, 2009 - 11:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 10 (IANS) His body is many guys’ envy and many girls’ eye candy. But in a strange turn of events, the tables turned when men here shrieked till they were hoarse for Bollywood actor John Abraham to strip off his T-shirt for them.
Call it the star appeal or the post-”Dostana” effect, men - young and middle-aged - burnt the torrid atmosphere with their cries for the 36-year-old at the Diet Pepsi ‘Go Play John + You’ mass work-out session at Ansal Plaza, Khelgaon Marg, here Sunday evening.
Shouting “We want John, we want John” before the star was to make an appearance on the stage, the male lot completely subdued the low-pitched voices of the fairer sex with repetitive chants of “T-shirt, T-shirt” that reverberated the open-air auditorium. They wanted the actor to peel off.
“Come on dude, hit it (T-shirt)…you got to take it out today and beat Salman (Khan) off his birthright,” shouted Saurabh Kejriwal, a student from Amity University in Noida.
Ashish Damani, a 24-year-old businessman, echoed the same but with a different purpose.
“Do it for my girl John, please…she worships you,” he cried in disappointment.
However, the “Jism” star did not. But he obliged the masses by giving away complimentary T-shirts.
“See, that (flaunting his body) was in a movie. Otherwise I am very very shy…Well, if I take-off my T-shirt, then what will I wear,” quipped the actor, clad in a body hugging white T-shirt and trousers and earthy summer coolers on the foot.
John, who is the first Indian brand ambassador of Diet Pepsi, also unveiled the soft drinks’ slim can in the consumer launch set-up.
As the people worked out, a total of 265,000 calories was burnt during the event. An equivalent amount of rupees was announced to be given to non-profit organisation Conserve to create environmental awareness among the youth.
- Cristiano Ronaldo's girlfriend poses nude for Marc Jacobs' T-shirt - Apr 15, 2011
- Lady Gaga designs T-shirt for Japan victims - Jun 24, 2011
- 'Freak Out' first Bollywood song to use stop-motion technique - Apr 14, 2011
- Kutcher walks the ramp with Brazilian beauty - Jun 16, 2011
- Akon took off shirt on stage, a la Salman Khan - Apr 17, 2011
- Topless scene made Pattinson nervous - Jul 23, 2011
- Chelsea says no to Terry T-shirts - Dec 26, 2011
- Salman entertains with desi dance moves - Apr 04, 2012
- Elton John turns interviewer to Gaga - May 14, 2011
- Filmmaker to give 'My Friend Anna' T-shirts in Delhi - Aug 26, 2011
- Samajwadi Party workers create ruckus at Rahul's programme - Nov 26, 2011
- Matt Damon goes bald - Jul 21, 2011
- Echoes of 'Rang de basanti' at Azad Maidan - Aug 16, 2011
- Reilly humiliated by intimate scene with Aniston - Jun 14, 2010
- Iron Maiden selling t-shirts to help Japan - Mar 19, 2011
Tags: actor john abraham, amity university, ansal plaza, ashish, birthright, bollywood actor john abraham, chants, diet pepsi, eye candy, john abraham, marg, pitched voices, profit organisation, rupees, salman khan, soft drinks, star appeal, strange turn, sunday evening, t shirt