‘London Paris New York’ is winner overseasMarch 9th, 2012 - 8:41 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 9 (IANS) Debutant director Anu Menon’s “London Paris New York”, an unconventional romantic comedy that travels the three cities, has managed to impress the oversees box office.
The movie collected $53,535 on its opening weekend in the US and $112,000 in the Middle East.
The film starring Ali Zafar and Aditi Rao Hydari collected approximately 32,538 pounds, which is said to be more than the collection of “Band Baaja Baarat” (25,000 pounds), “Tanu Weds Manu” (28,000 pounds) and “Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na” (30,000 pounds), said an official statement from the film’s publicist.
Produced by Goldie Behl and his banner Rose Movies and Fox Star Movies distributed the film.
“‘London Paris New York’ is a small budget film that was targeted at a niche audience. We are happy that the film is being so well revived, especially by audiences it was made for - having kept the budget under control, we’ve managed to deliver on that front and we couldn’t be more excited,” said Vijay Singh, CEO Fox Studios India, in a statement.
- Now filmmakers free to make genre-based movies: Goldie Behl - Feb 11, 2012
- Content, not cast rules: Filmmaker Goldie Behl - Mar 08, 2012
- Won't get typecast: Aditi Rao - Feb 12, 2012
- Ali Zafar busy shooting his third Hindi film - Aug 21, 2011
- The film industry is image driven: Aditi Rao - Feb 19, 2012
- I'm a big fan of Salman Khan: Ali Zafar (Movie Snippets) - Sep 18, 2011
- Aditi welcomes healthy competition between new, old actors - Mar 26, 2012
- Ali is very naughty: Aditi Rao Hydari - Jan 15, 2012
- Travel on highway of love with 'London Paris New York' (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ***) - Mar 02, 2012
- Dhulia to direct Indian adaptation of 'Hamlet' - May 14, 2012
- Ali Zafar journeyed from portraits to musical dreams - Feb 28, 2012
- Ali Zafar's item song woes - Jan 08, 2012
- Sony Music acquires rights of 'London, Paris, New York' - Jan 25, 2012
- Irrfan to romance Aditi Rao Hydari in next film - Apr 03, 2012
- Cinema, theatre can promote Urdu: Ali - Feb 15, 2012
Tags: aditi, ali zafar, audiences, behl, box office, budget film, ceo, film london, fox studios, london paris, manu, menon, niche audience, paris new york, publicist, rao, romantic comedy, three cities, vijay singh, ya