Lohans consult lawyers over movie spoofDecember 30th, 2010 - 2:33 am ICT by IANS
London, Dec 30 (IANS) Troubled actress Lindsay Lohan’s mother has confirmed that the family is considering legal action in a bid to stop a movie spoofing on the actress’ personal life.Lydia Hearst and Joan Collins have signed up for roles in “Dogs in Pocketbooks”, a movie about a troubled young star making her way in Hollywood, and screenwriter Charles Casillo has confirmed the model-socialite’s part is “obviously based on Lindsay Lohan”.
Dailystar.co.uk reports the move has already riled Lohan’s father Michael, who criticised the film plans, and now the actress’ mother Dina has confirmed she is talking to lawyers about the project.
Lohan settled a multi-million pound battle with executives at financial firm E-Trade in September over allegations they mocked her in an advertisement, and Dina is convinced bosses behind “Dogs in Pocketbooks” could face a similar lawsuit.
“The movie role is definitely based on Lindsay’s likeness. We have a very strong case. It’s shadowing E-Trade… Anyone bringing negativity will be dealt with accordingly,” said Dina.
Lawyer Stephanie Ovadia, who has reportedly been retained by Dina said: “They are again using her likeness without her being compensated… Not only that but they are advertising the fact that they are using her likeness.”
- Lydia Hearst Shaw to play LiLo in comic film - Dec 27, 2010
- Lydia Hearst-Shaw denies she'll play Lindsay Lohan in movie - Dec 30, 2010
- Producer of 'LiLo' movie backpedals after her mum's legal action threat - Dec 29, 2010
- LiLo settles $100m "Milkaholic" lawsuit - Sep 21, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan Faces Yet Another Setback In A Span Of Two Days - Jul 09, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan to drop her surname - Mar 26, 2011
- Joan Collins to star in movie inspired by LiLo's life - Dec 29, 2010
- US firm fights back at LiLo's $100M lawsuit over 'milkaholic' baby ad - May 12, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan sues E-trade for $100 million - Mar 10, 2010
- Lindsay files $100m lawsuit over 'boyfriend-stealing', 'milkaholic' baby ad - Mar 10, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan's mum backs her in "milkaholic" ad lawsuit - Mar 11, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan settles the e-trade lawsuit - Sep 22, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan Hires A New Lawyer - Jul 11, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan Sues E-Trade Over Milkaholic Baby Ad - Mar 10, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan demands $100 mn over 'milkaholic' ad - Mar 10, 2010
Tags: actress lindsay, actress mother, allegations, charles casillo, dailystar, dogs, e trade, joan collins, lawyer, lawyers, likeness, lindsay lohan, lydia hearst, movie spoof, ovadia, personal life, pocketbooks, screenwriter, spoofing, stephanie