Lohan won’t face theft chargesAugust 29th, 2012 - 4:32 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Aug 29 (IANS) Actress Lindsay Lohan and her assistant Gavin Doyle will not be prosecuted over a burglary at her friend’s home, following lack of evidence.
The incident took place Aug 18 when valuable items, including car keys, cash, sunglasses and a credit card holder, were taken from her friend Sam Magid’s Hollywood Hills mansion.
“We do not have sufficient evidence to prove this case beyond a reasonable doubt,” a prosecutor wrote in a charge evaluation form, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“One of the suspects makes a vague admission that he and the others were there, and that someone took something but is not more specific than that. The fact that our suspects are found in a car that is similar to the one seen at the time of the burglary adds little to the case,” he further wrote.
Magid, also retracted his initial report that items were stolen, which complicated attempts to prosecute.
“In addition to these evidentiary insufficiencies, the victims do not wish to pursue the prosecution of this matter,” added the prosecutor.
Lohan is delighted that she won’t be charged, says her representative.
“Lindsay is glad this matter has been cleared up so she can focus on her upcoming projects,” Lohan’s spokesman Steve Honig said in a statement.
- Lohan is a suspect in theft case - Aug 28, 2012
- Lohan to take legal action over Dubai party claim - Dec 31, 2011
- LiLo won't be charged in Betty Ford incident - Mar 30, 2011
- Lohan cleared in hit-and-run case - May 06, 2012
- Lohan won't be charged for rehab assault - Mar 30, 2011
- Lindsay parts from business manager - Oct 25, 2011
- Lohan gatecrashes Vikram Chatwal's party ? - Sep 24, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan's progress hearing set for Thursday - Jul 21, 2011
- Lohan to dine at White House - Apr 27, 2012
- LiLo 'not worried' about facing prosecution over 'necklace theft' - Feb 04, 2011
- 911 call of LiLo's rehab scuffle released - Apr 02, 2011
- Lohan in health scare - Jun 16, 2012
- Lindsay Lohan involved in another car crash - Jul 26, 2012
- Lindsay Lohan's rep denies that she is going in for 'Big Brother' - Dec 05, 2011
- Lohan accused of shoving woman - Apr 09, 2012
Tags: actress lindsay, admission, burglary, car keys, credit card holder, evaluation form, evidentiary, friend sam, gavin doyle, hollywood hills, honig, initial report, lack of evidence, lindsay lohan, magid, prosecution, prosecutor, reasonable doubt, spokesman, theft charges