Lohan walks free on $300,000 bailSeptember 25th, 2010 - 3:18 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 25 (IANS) Hollywood actress Lindsay Lohan has defied the odds again and has been released from jail after a Los Angeles Superior Court judge overturned a decision to put the actress back behind bars.
The sheriff’s spokesman Steve Whitmore had told the media that Lohan would have to serve the full 30 days she was sentenced to for failing two drug tests and violating her probation, but reports suggest the “Mean Girls” star has already left Lynwood correctional facility after just 10 hours.
“Ms. Lohan cannot be released early because this isn’t a jail sentence. She’s being held by court order until her hearing,” contactmusic.com quoted Whitmore as saying before Lohan was released.
According to the report, Lohan’s attorney Shawn Chapman Holley appealed to Judge Elden S. Fox’s to remand the actress in custody without bail until Oct 22.
Lohan walked free Friday night after posting a $300,000 bail, contactmusic.com added.
It’s the third time Lohan has served a fraction of her sentence at Lynwood - earlier this year, she spent just 13 days of a 90-day sentence behind bars.
Lohan has been asked to wear an alcohol-monitoring bracelet again under the terms of her release and she won’t be allowed to associate with known drug users.
- Lohan under house arrest - May 27, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan spending jail time writing and eating - Jul 30, 2010
- LiLo begged me to get her out of jail, says lawyer - Sep 28, 2010
- Lohan seeking reduced jail term - Mar 05, 2011
- Lohan's release date extended - Aug 23, 2010
- LiLo has made some friends in jail, says attorney - Jul 26, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan sent to jail again - Sep 25, 2010
- Is LiLo considering plea deal in theft case? - Mar 05, 2011
- LiLo walks free after posting $300K bail - Sep 26, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan released on bail - Apr 23, 2011
- Lohan to be free after two weeks? - Jul 21, 2010
- Lohan to undergo psychotherapy - Aug 26, 2010
- Lidsay Lohan violates probation, sentenced to 30 days in jail - Sep 25, 2010
- Lindsay returns to Los Angeles for court hearing - May 24, 2010
- LiLo 'could be sentenced to 30 days in jail over failed drug test' - Sep 18, 2010
Tags: actress lindsay, alcohol monitoring bracelet, angeles superior court, drug tests, drug users, elden, fraction, friday night, holley, hollywood actress, jail sentence, lindsay lohan, los angeles superior court, mean girls, probation, shawn chapman, spokesman, steve whitmore, superior court judge, third time