Lohan under house arrestMay 27th, 2011 - 2:43 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 27 (IANS) Troubled actress Lindsay Lohan, who showed up three weeks early at Los Angeles’ Lynwood Jail, is now under house arrest.
Contactmusic.com reports that she was immediately determined eligible to serve her time at home, so she was fitted with an electronic ankle bracelet Thursday and released.
She is now at her home in Venice, California, but cannot leave until June 29.
“She is now confined to the interior premises of her home at all times,” said Steve Whitmore, the Los Angeles Sheriff’s spokesman.
The actress was last month ordered to to undertake three years probation, serve 120 days in jail and complete 480 hours of community service for jewelry theft and breaching the terms of her 2007 probation.
Home detention aims to reduce the prison population by allowing non-violent offenders to serve out their sentences in home confinement.
Lohan, who pleaded no contest to stealing a $2,500 necklace, had until June 17 to report to the prison but it is thought she wanted to do it sooner rather than later so she can begin shooting her new movie, “Gotti: three Generations”.
- Lohan plans to paint during house arrest - May 28, 2011
- Lindsay addicted to ice pops - Jun 07, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan released from jail - Nov 07, 2011
- Lohan gets relief from house arrest - Jun 30, 2011
- Lohan shoots ad for auction website - Jun 22, 2011
- Lohan enjoys night out - Jul 03, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan might spend jail term at home - May 12, 2011
- Lohan walks free on $300,000 bail - Sep 25, 2010
- Lohan likely to be released on Aug 2 - Jul 22, 2010
- Lohan to be free after two weeks? - Jul 21, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan's lawyer: Stolen necklace not worth $2500 - Feb 14, 2011
- Actress Lindsay Lohan suspected of jewelry theft - report says - Feb 02, 2011
- Lindsay appears in court again - Apr 23, 2011
- Lindsay starts community service - May 07, 2011
- Reality TV star Alexis Neiers arrested for probation violation - Dec 02, 2010
Tags: actress lindsay, ankle bracelet, home confinement, home detention, house arrest, jewelry, june 29, lindsay lohan, london, lynwood jail, premises, prison population, probation, sentences, spokesman, steve whitmore, three generations, time at home, venice california, violent offenders