Lohan under ‘cocaine dependence’ treatmentOctober 12th, 2010 - 2:14 pm ICT by IANS
London, Oct 12 (IANS) Actress Lindsay Lohan is reportedly being treated for cocaine addiction at the Betty Ford Clinic in Los Angeles. She is undergoing a rehab treatment programme as she has a dependency for the Class A drug.
“Lindsay’s primary problem is cocaine. She went through a thorough assessment, and it was discovered that she has a high dependence for cocaine,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted a source as saying.
Earlier, Lindsay had confessed to experimenting with drugs.
“At this point, Lindsay is at a critical point of her detoxification and recovery, and she is doing well,” the source added.
Lindsay, 24, has her own treatment team in the facility which is comprised of a personal physician, nurse, psychologist, primary counsellor, case manager, spiritual care counsellor, family counsellor, dietician, fitness trainer and chemical dependency technician.
After failing two drug tests last month, Lindsay is now due in court Oct 22 for a probation hearing.
The actress, who served 13 days of a 90-day jail term behind bars in July, returned to prison following the failed tests, but ended up spending just a matter of hours behind bars after posting $300,000 bail. She then voluntarily checked into the Betty Ford Clinic.
- PETA offers to pay for Lindsay Lohan's rehab - Oct 29, 2010
- Lindsay didn't try to escape rehab, says her lawyer - Oct 15, 2010
- Probation Dept. wants LiLo in jail over failed drug test - Sep 22, 2010
- LiLo 'has personal treatment team of 10 at rehab' - Oct 12, 2010
- Lohan allowed to shoot fashion advert - Nov 15, 2010
- LiLo faces battery charge - Jan 05, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan's father wants her out of current rehab - Oct 02, 2010
- LiLo gets permission to drive car - Dec 07, 2010
- Lohan gets permission to drive - Nov 24, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan escapes being charged in rehab assault case - Jan 13, 2011
- LiLo to remain in rehab until Jan 3 - Oct 23, 2010
- Cops believe LiLo was 'under the influence' at rehab - Jan 06, 2011
- PETA offers to help cash-strapped Lindsay pay for her rehab treatment - Oct 29, 2010
- Lohan fears her fashion line could collapse - Oct 23, 2010
- LiLo 'really needs professional help to rebuild her life' - Oct 01, 2010
Tags: actress lindsay, betty ford, betty ford clinic, case manager, chemical dependency, cocaine addiction, cocaine dependence, critical point, detoxification, drug tests, drugs, fitness trainer, ford, jail term, lindsay lohan, nurse, personal physician, probation, psychologist, spiritual care