Lohan to appeal against jail termJuly 11th, 2010 - 1:51 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 11 (IANS) Hollywood actress Lindsay Lohan plans to appeal against the 90-day jail term given to her after she violated the terms of her probation by drinking.
The “Mean Girls” star is “petrified” about spending time behind bars, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“Lindsay’s lawyer only has to file a notice of appeal with Judge Marsha Revel, and under terms of California law - particularly misdemeanour probation appeals - the defendant must be granted bail,” a source said.
“Judge Revel will be forced to give her bail pending the appeal, and Lindsay wouldn’t even have to appear in front of Judge Revel again,” it added.
Lohan was Tuesday sentenced for violating the terms of her probation stemming from a 2007 DUI (Driving Under Influence) arrest. She will also be spending another three months in rehab.
- LiLo's 'plan' to stay out of jail - Jul 10, 2010
- Lohan's probation extended to August next year - Jul 08, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan gets 90 days in jail (Lead, changing dateline) - Jul 07, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan checks into rehab - Jul 16, 2010
- Lohan's release date extended - Aug 23, 2010
- Lindsay starts community service - May 07, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Got Special Treatment In Jail? - Aug 14, 2010
- LiLo jailed for 4 months in necklace theft case - Apr 23, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan ordered to wear alcohol monitoring bracelet - May 25, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan released on bail - Apr 23, 2011
- Lohan offered $1 mn for hosting radio show - Aug 27, 2010
- Troubled actress Lindsay Lohan hires O.J. Simpson's lawyer - Jul 16, 2010
- LiLo 'vows to appeal 90-days jail sentence' - Jul 09, 2010
- Lohan reading self-help books - Jul 14, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan might spend jail term at home - May 12, 2011
Tags: actress lindsay, california law, defendant, dui, hollywood, hollywood actress, jail term, lawyer, lindsay lohan, london, marsha, mean girls, notice of appeal, probation, revel, spending time, three months