Lohan files counter suit in 2005 car crash caseNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:19 am ICT by admin
Ortega has also sued Lohan for 200,000 dollars in damages.
Exactly a month ago, a judge rejected Lohan’s plea to dismiss Raymond Ortega’s suit completely, reports E! Online.
Lohan has filed her own suit against Ortega in Los Angeles Superior Court, alleging Ortega and his unidentified team of defendants for causing the accident.
The 21-year-old is seeking 75,000 dollars for the cost of the repairs to her black Mercedes-Benz and cash renting other vehicles and to cover her hospital expenses
The starlet’s court papers say that Ortega is using the drunken-driving accusation ‘to force a settlement’.
A report filed by the California Highway Patrol on the day of the accident backs Lohan’s claims and said that along with alcohol, Ortega was also to blame for the incident.
In her new court papers, Lohan said that when she was heading north at the permitted speed limit of 30 mph, Ortega made an illegal U-turn in front of her.
A trial for both lawsuits has been set for Apr. 7, 2008. (ANI)
- Mercedes and Jaypee Sports launch performance driving academy - Jan 04, 2012
- DUI case: LiLo's lawyer says she shouldn't be jailed - May 01, 2010
- Italy's $1.4m super car Pagani Huayra unveiled - Jan 29, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz India to hike car prices from May 1 - Apr 26, 2011
- Indian diplomat's daughter sues New York City - May 08, 2012
- Mercedes to increase investments to Rs.850 crore - Sep 05, 2012
- Nicole Richie's DUI Probation Extended By Judge - Jun 23, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz sales soar - Apr 05, 2012
- Honegg to replace Aulbur as Mercedes' India chief - Nov 27, 2010
- Union sues Spider-Man on behalf of Julie Taymor - Jun 10, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan settles 2005 car crash lawsuit - Feb 23, 2008
- Lindsay Lohan denies drinking prior to 2005 car crash - Dec 27, 2007
- Hilary Duff's hubby slapped with lawsuit - Oct 05, 2010
- Taylor Lautner buys a new car - 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG coupe - Aug 03, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan's Mother Denies TV Interview Deal - Oct 20, 2010
Tags: accusation, alleging, angeles superior court, black mercedes, california highway patrol, car crash, complainant, defendants, heading north, hospital expenses, lawsuits, los angeles superior court, mercedes benz, october 5th, ortega, plea, speed limit, starlet, u turn, unidentified