Local community has been supportive: Lily AllenJuly 5th, 2011 - 4:23 am ICT by IANS
London, July 5 (IANS) British singer Lily Allen says she got married in the local church in Gloucestershire because of the support she received from the community when she lost her baby last year.
The 26-year-old pregnant singer married Sam Cooper last month.
“People wouldn’t have thought I’d have a church wedding, but since I had the really traumatic experience last year, our local community all pitched in. We hadn’t been there long, but after the news got out we received flowers and really heartfelt, beautifully written cards,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted her as saying.
“Our vicar said a similar thing had happened to his family, so he would come over and sit with me. It feels really nice. We feel protected,” she said.
- Lily Allen to tie the knot in June - Feb 05, 2011
- Pregnant Allen marries Cooper - Jun 12, 2011
- Lily Allen to change name after wedding - Jun 04, 2011
- Lily Allen to spend honeymoon at Glastonbury - May 21, 2011
- Lily Allen hates stretch marks - Jun 22, 2012
- Lily Allen snubs Kate Moss from wedding guest list - Apr 17, 2011
- Allen set to party at The Ritz - Apr 20, 2011
- Pregnant Allen worries for unborn baby - Sep 10, 2011
- Allen to have baby shower - Oct 19, 2011
- Allen, Cooper engaged? - Dec 28, 2010
- Lily Allen sends out farmer-themed wedding invites - Mar 30, 2011
- Lily Allen & Sam Cooper plan a New Year wedding - Nov 28, 2010
- Allen's long battle with life - Mar 09, 2011
- Pregnant Allen feels like penguin - Aug 25, 2011
- Lily Allen may plan New Year wedding to tide over baby grief - Nov 29, 2010