Liz Taylor’s funeral filled with hugs and tears, says goddaughterMarch 28th, 2011 - 2:31 pm ICT by ANI
London, March 28 (ANI): Late Dame Elizabeth Taylor’s goddaughter has opened up about the movie legend’s emotional funeral.
Victoria Brynner, daughter of Hollywood legend Yul Brynner, revealed that the private ceremony was ‘very intimate and very quiet’ and full of ‘hugs and lots of tears’.
‘It was her children, and a few of us were sort of the aggregate family, which was very intimate and very quiet and just lovely. Just sad, obviously… It was a fairly short ceremony. And it was lovely, and it was in a fairly small, narrow space. Under a beautiful white angel, a very large statue. And that is where she will be laid to rest,” the Daily Express quoted her, as telling TV host Piers Morgan.
‘And it was just a short moment with family members speaking, and some quiet moments to reflect. And lots of hugs and lots of tears,” she added.
Brynner has also confirmed reports actor Colin Farrell recited a passage of Irish poetry during the service, adding, “Yes. They knew each other, and I’m not really sure how this came about. But it was actually a lovely added note, an additional speaker which was welcome.” (ANI)
- How Colin Farrell, Liz Taylor became friends - Mar 31, 2011
- Biel, Farrell bonded over poetry - Sep 06, 2012
- Colin Farrell reveals his sex tape horror - Jun 10, 2010
- Colin Farrell wants to play unicorn - Aug 20, 2011
- Rihanna 'sending flirty text messages to Colin Farrell' - Feb 22, 2011
- Colin Farrell genius: 'Total Recall' producer - Jul 16, 2012
- Colin Farrell admits fatherhood tamed his wild ways - Mar 04, 2010
- Shailesh Lodha now wants to shed tears on small screen (With Images) - Mar 02, 2012
- 'Total Recall' - decent re-imagination, but falls short (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 04, 2012
- No lavish gifts for Farrell's children - Aug 19, 2012
- Love scenes more awkward for Colin: Beckinsale - Aug 21, 2012
- Farrell is magnetic, says Jessica Biel - Aug 18, 2012
- Farrell was dubious about 'Total Recall' - Jul 23, 2012
- Colin Farrell to play Arnie's role in 'Total Recall' remake - Jan 12, 2011
- Piers Morgan, 'Got Talent' Judge Weds Celia Walden - Jun 25, 2010
Tags: actor colin, colin farrell, daily express, dame elizabeth taylor, elizabeth taylor, family members, goddaughter, hollywood legend, irish poetry, liz taylor, london march, narrow space, piers morgan, private ceremony, quiet moments, short moment, tv host, victoria, white angel, yul brynner