Liz Hurley criticised for bikini wax adFebruary 8th, 2011 - 6:38 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 8 (ANI): TV viewers have lashed out at Elizabeth Hurley for mocking environmental issues in a new commercial.
The glamorous British actress appears in a multi-million pound ad campaign for US discount firm Groupon, in which she compares the loss of rainforests to a cut-price Brazilian bikini wax, reports the Sun.
In a tongue-in-cheek ad, which aired in the US during Sunday’s Super Bowl game, the ‘Austin Powers’ star called Brazil’s rainforest ‘one of nature’s most lush ecosystems’.
She then added ‘not all deforestation is bad!’ and revealed she saved 50 percent on her Brazilian wax because of a group discount.
Angry viewers claimed Hurley’s clip makes light of serious environmental matters.
“I look forward to a Groupon campaign for roadside assistance using Egypt. That’d be droll! These ads are reprehensible,” said one TV critic said.
Online viewers lashed out on Twitter. (ANI)
- Groupon pulls ad starring Hutton, Hurley over 'tasteless' reference to Tibet - Feb 12, 2011
- Indian palm oil firms make Indonesian eco-disaster: Greenpeace - Jun 19, 2012
- Groupon's Commercial Featuring Tibet Attracts Flak From Netizens In China - Feb 07, 2011
- Hurley slams breast implant reports - Aug 24, 2010
- Groupon's Super Bowl Commercial Draws Storm Of Criticism - Feb 08, 2011
- How Brazilian wax came into being - Sep 23, 2010
- London mayor's sister gives details of her Brazilian bikini wax - Feb 02, 2011
- Kim Kardashian had bikini wax at 12 - Apr 16, 2011
- Is Bingle forging a relationship with Sportsgirl after flat Speedo campaign? - Mar 23, 2011
- Groupon's Contentious Advertisement On Tibet At The Super Bowl Irks Innumerable Americans - Feb 07, 2011
- Elizabeth Hurley cast as 'Wonder Woman' villain - Mar 04, 2011
- Villain roles require less acting: Liz Hurley - Apr 18, 2011
- Lily Allen often thinks her life is 'pointless' - Jul 06, 2010
- Cocaine production speeding up destruction of Colombia's rainforests - Feb 10, 2011
- Liz Hurley's pink skin-tight dress stuns all at cancer charity event - Oct 02, 2010
Tags: ad campaign, austin powers, bowl game, brazilian bikini wax, brazilian wax, british actress, criticised, deforestation, elizabeth hurley, environmental issues, environmental matters, group discount, liz hurley, london feb, rainforest, rainforests, roadside assistance, tongue in cheek, tv critic, tv viewers