Lively pretends to be Marilyn MonroeJuly 23rd, 2012 - 4:55 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 23 (IANS) Whenever actress Blake Lively gets self-conscious at showbiz events, she says she tries to reflect the confidence of the legendary Marilyn Monroe to survive the ordeal.
“I have insecurities like any girl. I used to be really shy and unconfident. I hated being tall. Walking the red carpet is scary, so I pretend to be Marilyn Monroe - someone who owned their sexuality and projected this incredible aura of self-confidence,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Lively as saying.
The 24-year-old prefers to stay at home rather than attending parties, and says she feels sexiest when she cooks.
“I really like to cook. Cooking makes me feel sexy. I think there’s something so sensual about it - the smells, the touches, the flavours, the experience of creating something. And, you know, when you are doing it with someone you love, creating that together. I think it’s really attractive,” she said.
Though she can cook “a little of everything, but Italian food is my favourite. And chocolate!”
- Helena Christensen's beauty rules! - Jul 24, 2011
- Olivia Wilde's sleepless nights after split - Jun 03, 2012
- Monroe's nude pictures surface - Jun 04, 2012
- Why is Pixie Lott anti-social networking? - Sep 07, 2011
- Be comfortable with your body: Lohan - Dec 11, 2011
- Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn my style icons: Priyanka Chopra - Sep 10, 2011
- Marilyn Monore was a simple dresser: Williams - Nov 01, 2011
- Khloe Kardashian's husband makes her feel perfect - May 02, 2011
- Michelle Williams speaks about playing Marilyn Monroe in new movie - Nov 26, 2010
- Depp bought Monroe's shoes for girlfriend - Jul 10, 2010
- Crawford loves hubby's humour, confidence - Aug 01, 2012
- Not-so-confident David Gandy - Oct 19, 2011
- New tapes could reveal mystery behind Marilyn Monroe's death - Apr 27, 2011
- Rihanna loves being naked - Mar 24, 2012
- Katy Perry given body boost by hubby - Nov 12, 2010