Litzy, Eugenio Siller to star in new TV soap operaAugust 31st, 2011 - 11:06 am ICT by IANS
Miami, Aug 31 (IANS/EFE) Litzy and Eugenio Siller will star in “Una Maid en Manhattan”, a television soap opera co-produced by Telemundo and Sony Pictures Television that will be filmed in Mexico City, Los Angeles, New York and Miami.
The story, which revolves around Marisa Lujan (Litzy), a Mexican who emigrated to the US with her 10-year-old son, is based on the 2002 Jennifer Lopez film “Maid in Manhattan”, Telemundo said.
After initially settling in Los Angeles, Marisa moves to Manhattan, where she works as a maid in a large hotel. There she gets to know Cristobal Parker Salas (Eugenio Siller), who confuses her with a guest, the network added.
The theme song for the show will be performed by the stars.
Actress and singer Litzy was the winner of Telemundo’s “Protagonistas de la fama VIP” award. Her artistic career includes a huge number of soap operas, among which has been “Amarte Asi”, for which she also performed the theme song.
Siller began his career in commercials, musical comedies and theater performances. Standing out in the work he has done for television is his starring role in the original Telemundo production of “Aurora”, for which he, too, performed the theme song.
People en Espanol selected him this year for its “50 Most Handsome” list, and he has starred in a number of soap operas, including “Al Diablo con los Guapos”, “Rebelde”, “Codigo Postal” and “Mi Pecado”.
- Margarita Rosa de Francisco returns to TV - Sep 28, 2011
- An actor who gets song ideas from TV role - Jun 01, 2011
- Don Omar, Prince Royce big winners at Billboard Latin awards - Apr 28, 2012
- Romeo Santos remains atop Billboard Latin Songs - Jul 01, 2011
- List of 50 most beautiful Latinos released - Apr 26, 2011
- Geraldo Ortiz nominated for 10 Billboard awards - Aug 26, 2011
- Actress sent to jail for Green Card marriage - Apr 27, 2011
- Mexican singer to star in TV reality show - Aug 29, 2012
- Spanish actor enjoys role as scoundrel - Sep 29, 2011
- New album mixes flamenco and Mexican songs - Nov 22, 2011
- Cuban brothers travel to US to become musicians - Jun 17, 2011
- Singer Julieta Venegas to perform at Miami festival - Sep 08, 2011
- Paola Turbay plays a witch in `True Blood' - Jul 27, 2011
- Kourtney Kardashian makes her acting debut - Mar 30, 2011
- Wisin, Yandel vault to No. 1 on Billboard Latin Songs - Sep 30, 2011
Tags: artistic career, codigo postal, efe, eugenio siller, jennifer lopez, jennifer lopez film, los guapos, lujan, maid in manhattan, mexico city, musical comedies, new tv, people en espanol, rebelde, soap operas, sony pictures, telemundo, television soap opera, theater performances, tv soap opera