Little Rubina, Azhar have date with Sonia GandhiMarch 19th, 2009 - 3:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 19 (IANS) All dressed up and smiling, the child stars of Oscar winning film “Slumdog Millionaire” - Rubina Ali Qureshi and Azharuddin Mohammed Ismail Shaikh - came from the shanties of Mumbai and met Congress president Sonia Gandhi here Thursday.
“Soniaji today met the kids who had acted in ‘Slumdog Millionaire’,” Tom Vadakkan, media secretary of All India Congress Committee (AICC), told IANS. Rubina, 9, and Azharuddin, 10, met her at her residence in 10, Janpath.
It was their day in the sun. In the evening, the children will also be walking the ramp for designers Ashima and Leena Singh at the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) here which began Wednesday.
Rubina and Azharuddin have been enjoying the attention after the film by British director Danny Boyle went to the Oscars and bagged as many as eight awards, including two for Indian music maestro A.R. Rahman.
- Rubina, Azhar's day out with Sonia Gandhi, fashion week (Lead) - Mar 19, 2009
- Fairytale ride continues for 'Slumdog Millionaire' children - Mar 22, 2012
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' kids give letter of request to Sonia Gandhi (Lead) - Mar 19, 2009
- 'Slumdog' kids back in shanties - with Oscar dreams - Mar 02, 2011
- From slums to queen of suburbs, Rubina Ali goes places (With Image) - Oct 16, 2011
- 'Slumdog' actor Rubina gets New Year flat gift from Danny Boyle - Dec 31, 2009
- Rahman to rock Olympics with Punjabi beats! - Jun 30, 2012
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' kids dance to 'Jai Ho' at WIFW (With Images) - Mar 19, 2009
- 'Slumdog..' stars Rubina, Azhar to act in Hollywood movie - Jun 12, 2010
- Azhar gave us new lease of life: 'Slumdog' star's mother (Interview) - Mar 20, 2009
- Slumdog children meet Sonia Gandhi at her residence - Mar 19, 2009
- Will Danny Boyle team up with Aamir Khan in his next? - May 31, 2009
- Boyle dating Dawson? - Aug 05, 2012
- Slumdog child star Rubina Ali left homeless - Dec 31, 2009
- 'Slumdog' kid's father slams Danny Boyle - May 27, 2009
Tags: aicc, ali qureshi, ashima, azharuddin, british director, child stars, congress president sonia gandhi, day in the sun, director danny boyle, india congress committee, india fashion week, indian music, leena singh, media secretary, mohammed ismail, music maestro, oscars, rubina, shanties, wills lifestyle india fashion week