Lisa Ray to open yoga studio in TorontoJanuary 29th, 2011 - 7:22 pm ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, Jan 29 (IANS) Marriage seems to be the last thing on actor Lisa Ray’s mind. Not only does she have big career plans for this year, she is also set to open a yoga studio in Toronto, the work for which is in full-throttle at the moment.Yoga, it must be mentioned, provided Lisa with tremendous emotional, spiritual and physical solace during her prolonged illness and recovery last year. And now, she is ready to share her yoga knowledge with the world.
Lisa says there’s no room for marriage in her life right now.
“This news has come completely out of left field. It was most unexpected! I’d love to clarify matters as I’m working on projects in India and don’t want my work colleagues out in India to get the impression that I’m not committed to my projects and work out there,” she told IANS.
Asked about the status of her relationship with her faithful companion Brett Wilson, she replied: “The point is, marriage is not on the cards. The news that came out is unfounded. I am very good friends with Brett and I described marriage as an ‘imperfect institution’ to make light of the situation, not to make light of marriage.”
Lisa said she was excited about her projects this year.
“I’m opening a hot yoga studio here in Brampton, Canada. There’s so much to look forward to this year. Every day is a blessing. I was recently at the Toronto Film Critics Association dinner where I was surrounded with love and compliments on my ’second coming’ (the near-death illness).
“I’m working on a kick-ass series for TLC. Finalising some film projects soon. Involved in another momentous stem-cell event in Toronto. Life is grand. I’m so blessed to live and work in two different worlds,” she said.
- Lisa Ray Keeps Marriage At Bay, Plans A Yoga Studio In Toronto - Jan 29, 2011
- Non-stop, 32-hour yoga sets Guinness record - Aug 04, 2010
- Bollywood making international mark: Lisa Ray (Interview) - Jul 01, 2011
- Health is wealth, says fit Miranda Kerr - Jun 11, 2012
- When Alicia Keys felt like caged lion - Aug 16, 2012
- Now, 'The Simpsons' for Gaga - Aug 24, 2011
- I'm confident I'll get a good partner in 'Swayamavar': Ratan Rajput - Jan 08, 2011
- Klum unsure about marriage - Jul 05, 2012
- Motherhood makes Miranda Kerr happy, she feels lucky - Jun 08, 2011
- No kids for now, says Kim Kardashian - Feb 16, 2012
- I won't have kids: Kim Kardashian - Nov 30, 2011
- Perry plans career break - Jun 30, 2012
- It was Hef's way or no way: Crystal Harris - Jun 18, 2011
- Rashida Jones has no time for love - Dec 12, 2011
- Post-cancer, I'm back to extraordinary life: Lisa Ray (Interview) - Jul 31, 2010
Tags: association dinner, brampton canada, brett wilson, career plans, event in toronto, faithful companion, full throttle, good friends, hot yoga, jan 29, kick ass, lisa ray, solace, subhash k jha, toronto film critics, toronto film critics association, toronto life, two different worlds, work colleagues, yoga studio