Lisa Ray to host travel show for TLCNovember 15th, 2010 - 10:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 15 (IANS) Former fashion model-turned-actress Lisa Ray has been roped in as the host of an upcoming travel show for lifestyle channel TLC.
To be produced by the channel in India, the series, which is still to be titled, will premiere in 2011 and will be set against the cultural yet contemporary backdrop of India.
Uncovering the beauty of various cities, it will have the 38-year-old actress as both a host and a travel guide.
“With a dynamic personality, Lisa Ray will add great value to this incisive, entertaining and informative tour…the new series is an attempt to push our creative frontiers to showcase the uniqueness of India,” Rahul Johri, senior vice president and general manager, India, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific, said in a statement.
The actress, who is now leading a healthy life after having fought a rare cancer of plasma cells, was also excited about the new venture.
“Being an avid fan of TLC, I am ecstatic at this opportunity to work with the channel, which has caught the imagination of the people in India. I can’t wait to get started and to enjoy every moment of it,” she said in a statement.
To be shot at India’s most exotic surroundings, the programme is aimed to explore inimitable aspects of Indian culture. Based on each city’s unique character and cultural background, Lisa will personalise her tour of the city in the series.
- Discovery Travel & Living is now TLC - Jul 29, 2010
- Discover India with Oprah Winfrey in two-part series - Jul 11, 2012
- Lisa Ray turns cultural detective for TV show - Jun 30, 2011
- Discovery Channel to air six episodes on future cities - Nov 11, 2010
- Sugandha Garg tells quirky stories on her travel show (With Images) - May 06, 2012
- Morgan Freeman explores mysteries of universe in new show - Sep 17, 2010
- Lisa Ray engaged (With Images) - Feb 01, 2012
- Discovery to air Indian Army Women's Everest Expedition (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Discovery to cover Indian Army women's Everest bid - May 26, 2012
- Germany to help India overcome urbanisation challenges - Sep 23, 2011
- Try a kundan choker with that gown (Feature) - Aug 09, 2011
- Discovery to air special show on WikiLeaks - Apr 18, 2011
- Making music is magic: Priyanka (Movie Snippets) - Oct 15, 2011
- Discovery Channel now in Bangla - May 10, 2011
- Madonna's impersonator to tour India - Jul 30, 2012
Tags: actress lisa ray, asia pacific, aspects of indian culture, backdrop, creative frontiers, discovery networks asia, dynamic personality, fashion model, informative tour, lifestyle channel, New Delhi, plasma cells, rahul, rare cancer, senior vice president, surroundings, tlc, travel show, uniqueness, upcoming travel