Lisa Blount dies at the age of 53 yearsOctober 28th, 2010 - 11:12 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Oct 28 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Lisa Blount was found dead in her home on Wednesday afternoon and police say that her relatives claimed that the 53-year-old actress was suffering from a chronic illness for almost twenty years.
Relatives told the police that before her death at her home in Little Rock, the actress was complaining of not feeling well.
Blount’s mother confirmed to the police that her daughter was suffering from an ailment similar to multiple sclerosis and just days leading to her death, she complained of back and neck pains.
Police admitted that there was no sign of foul play at the scene where Blount was found. Blount is a renowned actress but it is her production skills that won her an Academy award in 2001. She picked the award with the movie, “The Accountant”.
She is however famous for her role in the 1982 movie “An Officer and a Gentleman”. Her death was confirmed by her publicist Steve Rohr who failed to reveal the cause of death.
She was born in Fayetteville some 53 years ago, the actress only moved Jacksonville when she was older and later settled at Los Angeles.
Funeral arrangements have not been announced.
- Lisa Blount of 'Officer and a Gentleman' Dies Age 53 - Oct 28, 2010
- Oscar-Winning Actress Lisa Blount Dies At 53 - Oct 29, 2010
- Actress Lisa Blount Dies Aged 53 - Oct 28, 2010
- 'Officer and a Gentleman' star Lisa Blount dies at 53 - Oct 29, 2010
- Singer Whitney Houston dies at 48 (Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Whitney Houston dies at 48 - Feb 12, 2012
- Whitney Houston's body flown to New Jersey on Tyler Perry's private jet - Feb 14, 2012
- Dixie Carter Suffered From Cancer During Her Last Days - Apr 12, 2010
- U.S. police re-open investigation into 1981 death of actress Natalie Wood - Nov 18, 2011
- Hollywood icon Elizabeth Taylor dead at 79 - Mar 23, 2011
- Designing Women' Dixie Carter Dies At Age 70 - Apr 13, 2010
- Peter Lopez, Husband of Catherine Bach, Dies of Gunshot - May 01, 2010
- Berry hospitalised after getting injured - Jul 19, 2012
- Titanic actress Gloria Stuart dies at the age of 100 years - Sep 28, 2010
- Emma Stone worries about dying - Jun 11, 2012
Tags: academy award, accountant, ailment, cause of death, chronic illness, funeral arrangements, lisa blount, multiple sclerosis, neck pains, officer and a gentleman, publicist, relatives, renowned actress, rohr, sign of foul play, twenty years, wednesday afternoon