Lionel Richie steered daughter Nicole towards a fashion careerJune 15th, 2010 - 5:29 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 15 (ANI): Nichole Richie displayed a keen interest in fashion as a youngster when she used to design her own clothes from dad Lionel Richie’s stage dress materials.
Nicole would give her own designs to her dad’s wardrobe mistress, requesting her to make the outfits out of the left over pieces of his costumes.
“When I was a little girl and my dad was touring, I would make his costume designer make outfits for me out of the extra fabric. I was really making my own clothes, or designing them at least!” The Daily Star quoted Nicole, as telling Glamour mag.
Nichole has now taken fashion as a career and launched her own House of Harlow 1960 fashion house label, which includes her line of jewellery, clothes and shoes. (ANI)
- Nicole Richie admires Kate Moss' style - May 17, 2012
- Nicole Richie wants home furnishings line - Feb 29, 2012
- Nicole Richie, a mood dresser - Jul 08, 2012
- Nicole Richie owns over 200 sunglasses - May 17, 2012
- Nicole Richie to judge reality show? - Jul 08, 2011
- Richie's new collection out in September - Aug 21, 2012
- Richie turns to kids for fashion advice - Sep 01, 2012
- Nicole Richie refuses to let pregnancy slow down work schedule - Aug 10, 2009
- Nicole Richie has 'designer' dreams - Feb 07, 2010
- Nicole Richie's wardrobe secrets - May 11, 2012
- Nicole Richie confident with body - Aug 13, 2012
- Nicole Richie to expand handbag line - Jul 01, 2011
- Indian is gorgeous, a perfect amalgamation of world culture: Italian designer (Interview) (With Images) - Mar 24, 2012
- Katie swears by daughter's fashion sense - Aug 07, 2011
- Nicole Richie And Joel Madden: A Glimpse Of Their Wedding! - Dec 13, 2010
Tags: costume designer, costumes, dad, daily star, daughter nicole, dress materials, fabric, fashion career, fashion house, glamour, harlow, interest in fashion, keen interest, lionel richie, little girl, nichole, own clothes, shoes, wardrobe mistress, youngster