Linney, Deneuve to receive AFI honourNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:51 am ICT by admin
Deneuve’s tribute takes place a day later on Nov. 10 following the screening of the animated French-Iranian film “Persepolis,” in which she have a voice role.
Festival director Christian Gaines was all praise for the two stars, and said that they had both made ‘extraordinary contributions’ to cinema.
“From both sides of the Atlantic, Catherine Deneuve and Laura Linney have each made extraordinary contributions to international cinema,” The Hollywood Reporter quoted him, as saying.
“Each embody through the complexity and nuance of their extraordinary individual talents the raw promise of a fine performance.”
Both tributes will be held at the ArcLight Hollywood, where the festival, in its 21st year, will feature international film competitions and gala premieres from Nov. 1-11. (ANI)
- Big B to be honoured at Pune film fest - Jan 10, 2012
- Clooney, Swinton honoured at Telluride film fest - Sep 08, 2011
- Richard Gere to be honoured - Aug 23, 2012
- Eastwood, Springsteen to star at Toronto fest - Aug 24, 2010
- Venice film fest: Hoffman, Yaron win best actor, actress - Sep 09, 2012
- Osian's film fest begins with tribute to Rajesh Khanna - Jul 28, 2012
- India's biggest ever children's film festival gets underway - Nov 15, 2011
- Latino film fest kicks off in New York - Aug 16, 2011
- Bhandarkar on jury of Cairo film fest - Sep 06, 2012
- SAFF to pay tribute to Bangladesh's Tareque Masud - Sep 01, 2011
- Clooney's film to open Venice film fest - Jul 29, 2011
- Michael Douglas to receive Icon Award - Dec 29, 2010
- 'I Am Kalam' to open IFFLA 2011 - Mar 31, 2011
- Indian's movie on Bollywood makes it to Cannes - Apr 19, 2012
- Osian's film fest back with rare, bold films - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: afi, arclight hollywood, catherine deneuve, festival director, hollywood reporter, honoured, international cinema, international film competitions, iranian film, laura linney, nuance, persepolis, philip seymour hoffman, savages, two stars, upcoming film, voice role