Lindsay turns down plea deal in necklace theftMarch 24th, 2011 - 1:46 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 24 (IANS) Troubled actress Lindsay Lohan has reportedly rejected a plea deal and her felony grand theft case will now go to trial.
Lohan will now face trial after she turned down the chance to plead guilty or no-contest in exchange for a reduced sentence in the case, according to reports. The 24-year-old star has been charged over the alleged theft of a $2,500 necklace from an upmarket Californian jewllery boutique.
Lohan, currently on probation stemming from a 2007 driving under the influence conviction, will next appear in court for a preliminary hearing April 22, with Judge Stephanie Sautner, who is described as “tough but fair”, presiding over proceedings, reports contactmusic.com.
Earlier this week, Lindsay’s mother Dina Lohan said her daughter, who has always maintained she was loaned the necklace in exchange for publicity, was seriously considering pleading no-contest and accepting the deal as she wanted to “get it over with”.
- Actress Lindsay Lohan back in court for her progress hearing - Jul 22, 2011
- Lohan to plead not guilty in theft case - May 01, 2011
- Lindsay to plead no-contest in theft case - Mar 22, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan released on bail - Apr 23, 2011
- LiLo 'to plead no contest' in $2,500 necklace theft case - May 01, 2011
- LiLo 'will not accept plea deal in felony grand theft case' - Mar 24, 2011
- LiLo jailed for 4 months in necklace theft case - Apr 23, 2011
- I support the judge's decision: Lohan - May 12, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan might spend jail term at home - May 12, 2011
- Lohan seeking reduced jail term - Mar 05, 2011
- Lohan signs up for counselling - Aug 13, 2011
- LiLo mulls pleading guilty in grand theft trial - Apr 19, 2011
- Is LiLo considering plea deal in theft case? - Mar 05, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan visits women centre - May 04, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan to drop her surname - Mar 26, 2011
Tags: actress lindsay, californian, conviction, dina lohan, driving under the influence, felony, lindsay lohan, london march, old star, plea deal, pleading no contest, preliminary hearing, probation, proceedings, publicity, stephanie, theft case