Lindsay Lohan’s lawyer: Stolen necklace not worth $2500February 14th, 2011 - 7:23 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Feb 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Lindsay Lohan’s lawyer has said that the necklace that her client is alleged to have stolen is not worth $2,500.
Attorney Shawn Holley told PEOPLE Magazine that granted that her client stole the necklace she doesn’t believe that Lohan deserved the grand theft charge.
Lawyer Holley said that, “We intend to challenge the prosecution’s case because the truth is, Ms. Lohan didn’t steal anything. But even if she had, it seems to me that the appropriate charge, based on the fair market value of the goods, should have been petty theft and not grand theft.”
Holley seemed to question the price of the necklace. Though the Venice boutique tagged the necklace at $2,500, Holley maintains that it doesn’t make it its real value. Holley insists that Lohan deserves petty theft rather than felony grand theft.
In the American criminal books, stealing anything worth more than $950 attracts that charge of grand theft. If she is found guilty of felony grand theft Lohan could be jailed up to three years in prison.
Lohan is fighting a barrage of legal battles. She is due in court in the 23rd of February for her probation status hearing. She is also under investigation from the Riverside County Sheriff for battery in Betty Ford Center.
- LiLo should be charged with 'petty theft and not grand theft': Lawyer - Feb 14, 2011
- Is LiLo considering plea deal in theft case? - Mar 05, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan due back in court, twice in the span of a week - Feb 23, 2011
- DA 'insists' Lohan should serve jail time if any plea deal is reached - Feb 12, 2011
- LiLo's '$25K necklace stealing' video sold for $350K! - Mar 07, 2011
- Actress Lindsay Lohan back in court for her progress hearing - Jul 22, 2011
- Lohan to plead not guilty in theft case - May 01, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan's white dress sells out - Feb 11, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan visits women centre - May 04, 2011
- LiLo could get away from grand theft charge, thanks to mystery witness - Feb 16, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Pleaded Not Guilty To Grand Theft Charge - Feb 10, 2011
- Lohan seeking reduced jail term - Mar 05, 2011
- Is Lindsay Lohan considering a plea deal? - Mar 21, 2011
- Report: Actress Lindsay Lohan to be charged with felony grand theft on Wednesday - Feb 09, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan faces her court deadline today - Mar 24, 2011
Tags: barrage, betty ford, betty ford center, criminal books, feb 14, felony, ford, holley, lawyer, legal battles, lindsay lohan, news lindsay, people magazine, petty theft, probation status, prosecution, riverside county sheriff, truth, venice