Lindsay Lohan’s father wants her out of current rehabOctober 2nd, 2010 - 2:54 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Oct 2 (IANS) Hollywood actress Lindsay Lohan’s father wants her to be shifted to another rehabilitation centre - because he’s convinced she won’t recover if she’s given prescription medication.
The “Mean Girls” star checked into the Betty Ford treatment clinic in southern California Tuesday, four days after posting $300,000 bail to escape jail after failing two mandatory drug tests.
But her father Michael Lohan is particularly concerned because late model/actress Anna Nicole Smith, who died in 2007 from a prescription drug overdose, also tried to overcome her problems at Betty Ford unsuccessfully, reports imdb.com.
“Look at the ’short’ list of people who went to Betty Ford - most, if not all, have relapsed. I went there myself, and I will tell you, Betty Ford is a country club,” said Michael.
“They administer prescription meds and even put their patients on prescription meds. Once more, they don’t have family therapy at all. The root of her problems is her family. This will not work - mark my words!”
Michael insists he’s relieved “to know Lindsay is in a safe place and away from her enablers” but adds, “If Betty Ford gives her any prescription drugs, they become another enabler. Back to square one!”
- Lohan gets day pass for Thanksgiving bash - Nov 26, 2010
- Lohan under 'cocaine dependence' treatment - Oct 12, 2010
- Lindsay not to meet her dad - Oct 16, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan Gets Ready For New Life In New Year - Dec 31, 2010
- Dad hires singer to dedicate a song to Lindsay - Jan 03, 2011
- LiLo 'really needs professional help to rebuild her life' - Oct 01, 2010
- Lindsay is not the girl I raised, says father - Jul 10, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan Has A Reason To Smile On Thanksgiving Day. - Nov 26, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan Conservatorship Battle Starts - Oct 01, 2010
- Lindsay didn't try to escape rehab, says her lawyer - Oct 15, 2010
- Doctors against Lindsay's mom acting as manager - Oct 20, 2010
- Lindsay's dad plans to save her - Apr 06, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan's Mother Denies TV Interview Deal - Oct 20, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan Granted Leave From Rehab For Thanksgiving Celebrations - Nov 26, 2010
- Dina Lohan To Appear On "The Today Show" Again? - Nov 08, 2010
Tags: actress lindsay, anna nicole smith, betty ford, enabler, enablers, hollywood actress, late model, lindsay lohan, mandatory drug tests, mean girls, michael lohan, model actress, prescription drug, prescription drugs, prescription medication, prescription meds, rehab, rehabilitation centre, safe place, southern california