Lindsay Lohan wasn’t fired from ‘Inferno’, says her campNovember 27th, 2010 - 1:29 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Nov 27 (ANI): Troubled actress Lindsay Lohan’s camp is upset with the reports that she was axed from Linda Lovelace biopic ‘Inferno’ amid insurance problems.
News emerged this week that Lohan suffered another big blow - losing her highly-anticipated role in the biopic.
Director Matthew Wilder told the Hollywood Reporter that the issue ultimately came down to “the impossibility” of insuring her, in addition to “some other issues.”
However, Lohan’s team has dismissed reports that she was dropped from the project, which will now star “The Proposal” actress Malin Ackerman.
“It’s not fair in any way, shape, or form for those reports to be out there. Lindsay is 100 percent insurable, all she had to do was put up a fee as a bond then she would have been paid upon completion. I could insure her today,” Fox News quoted Ethan Terra, a close Lohan family friend and co-owner of mom Dina’s production company, as saying.
“She was definitely not fired,” she added.
Terra also said that the decision to opt out of the production was actually made by Lohan and her personal posse.
“Lindsay and her team decided that a film like this would be counterproductive. When she takes on a role she really becomes the character, and right now she is surrounded by nothing but positivity, so putting her back into a negative frame of mind would be very self-destructive,” Terra continued.
“When she signed on to that role she was surrounded by negativity, and now she’s in a much stronger and more positive place.”
The ‘Mean Girls’ star is currently residing at the Betty Ford Rehab Facility, where is being treated for substance abuse issues stemming from her stint in jail earlier this year for violating the terms of her 2007 DUI probation. (ANI)
- LiLo will have no shortage of job offers post rehab stint - Nov 28, 2010
- Malin Akerman to replace LiLo as Linda Lovelace in Inferno - Nov 22, 2010
- Who Plays The Pornographer Husband In The Linda Lovelace Biopic? - Jan 26, 2011
- Lindsay turns down porn star role - Dec 16, 2010
- LiLo dropped from playing porn star in new movie - Nov 21, 2010
- Lindsay out of Linda Lovelace biopic - Nov 21, 2010
- Malin Akerman 'really excited' about replacing LiLo in porn-star movie - Apr 23, 2011
- LiLo seeking work pass from rehab for porn star biopic: Director - Nov 12, 2010
- LiLo 'made the choice to leave porn star film project' - Nov 21, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan: No More A Part Of Matthew Wilder’s ‘Inferno’ - Nov 23, 2010
- 'Inferno' producers deny sacking LiLo - Aug 04, 2010
- 'Inferno' producers add Lindsay Lohan 'sobriety clause' - Sep 23, 2010
- LiLo's 'Inferno' on track despite 90-day jail term - Jul 08, 2010
- 'Inferno' director 'relieved' LiLo is no longer attached to his film - Feb 08, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan unfazed by sex and nudity in Linda Lovelace role - Jun 21, 2010
Tags: ackerman, actress lindsay, betty ford, biopic, co owner, family friend, fox news, frame of mind, hollywood reporter, impossibility, inferno, insurance problems, linda lovelace, lindsay lohan, matthew wilder, mean girls, negativity, rehab facility, stint, substance abuse issues