Lindsay Lohan visits women centreMay 4th, 2011 - 2:50 am ICT by IANS
London, May 4 (IANS) Troubled actress Lindsay Lohan visited the Los Angeles Downtown Women’s Centre where she will begin her court-ordered community service next week.
Lohan was sentenced to 120 days in prison, which she was bailed from, and 480 hours of community service last month for breaching the terms of her probation after allegedly stealing a $2,200 necklace from an upmarket jewellers.
She was spotted at the facility Monday with her assistant Eleanor and lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley.
The women centre’s spokesman Patrick Shandrick said , “Miss Lohan’s work at the centre could include working with the ladies on creating unique items for MADE by DWC - an innovative social enterprise cafe and gift boutique offering handmade products.”
Lindsay - who was under probation for a driving under the influence (DUI) charge in 2007 - is due to return to court on May 11 for a pre-trial hearing in her theft case, after the charge was reduced from felony grand theft to a misdemeanour, with the actual trial planned for June 3.
- Lindsay Lohan released on bail - Apr 23, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan's lawyer: Stolen necklace not worth $2500 - Feb 14, 2011
- Braless LiLo arrives for community service in see-through top - May 04, 2011
- DA 'insists' Lohan should serve jail time if any plea deal is reached - Feb 12, 2011
- Is LiLo considering plea deal in theft case? - Mar 05, 2011
- LiLo jailed for 4 months in necklace theft case - Apr 23, 2011
- Lindsay will be acquitted, says her lawyer - Mar 25, 2011
- Actress Lindsay Lohan back in court for her progress hearing - Jul 22, 2011
- Lohan seeking reduced jail term - Mar 05, 2011
- Lindsay turns down plea deal in necklace theft - Mar 24, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan due back in court, twice in the span of a week - Feb 23, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Pleaded Not Guilty To Grand Theft Charge - Feb 10, 2011
- Nicole Richie's 2006 DUI probation terminated early - Dec 30, 2010
- I support the judge's decision: Lohan - May 12, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan's white dress sells out - Feb 11, 2011
Tags: actress lindsay, chapman, driving under the influence, eleanor, felony, gift boutique, handmade products, holley, june 3, lawyer, lindsay lohan, london, misdemeanour, probation, social enterprise, spokesman, theft case, unique items, upmarket