Lindsay Lohan Sentenced To 90 Days In Jail, RehabilitationJuly 7th, 2010 - 7:23 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
July 7, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The horror story for Lindsay Lohan continues as the Beverly Hills judge sentenced her to 90 days in prison for violating the terms of her probation. The judge ignored the tearful pleas by the star and also handed her 90 days at a locked-down drug rehabilitation facility. The punishment was more than the prosecutors had expected. Lindsay Lohan will have to surrender herself by July 20.
In the dramatic court hearing, Lindsay Lohan defended herself desperately and gave excuses for not attending her alcohol education classes and follow earlier orders from the court. Her emotional appeals and promises failed to impress the Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Marsha N Revel. Marsh N Revel handed out the sentence and the rehabilitation orders and said that she had lied to court several times. She added that Lindsay Lohan has lied to court several times and also violated most of the court orders repeatedly. She also gave instances where Lindsay Lohan was seen denying obvious charges against her.
Lindsay Lohan was caught with a white substance in her jeans which she initially claimed was not hers but later turned out to be her own. Apart from these, in spite of court orders against drinking Lindsay Lohan’s SCRAM bracelet went off when she attended the MTV Movie Awards. As pictures of her surfaced from the Cannes Film Festival the judge was further enraged because Lindsay Lohan had maintained that her passport was stolen and she could not attend the festival.
Lindsay Lohan may face less than 25% of her sentence depending on her behavior and how crowded the jail is. Lindsay Lohan will be staying at the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood in a cell that is isolated from the rest of the jail population.
- Lindsay Lohan's Jail Woes - Jul 10, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan Got Special Treatment In Jail? - Aug 14, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan gets 90 days in jail (Lead, changing dateline) - Jul 07, 2010
- US judge who sent LiLo behind bars replaced - Aug 12, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan ordered to wear alcohol monitoring bracelet - May 25, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan leaves Los Angeles jail, heads to rehab - Aug 02, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan And The Jail Sentence - Jul 07, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan To Be Released Early From UCLA Medical Center? - Aug 14, 2010
- Lohan sentenced to 30 days jail - Nov 03, 2011
- LiLo heading to rehab by sun-kissed California beach? - Aug 01, 2010
- Lohan walks free on $300,000 bail - Sep 25, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan released from jail - Nov 07, 2011
- LiLo gets 90 days in jail for probation violation - Jul 07, 2010
- LiLo expected to leave jail soon - Sep 25, 2010
- OK! pays Lohan $1 mn for first post-prison interview - Aug 19, 2010
Tags: alcohol education, cannes film festival, century regional detention facility, century regional detention facility in lynwood, county superior court, court hearing, drug rehabilitation, education classes, emotional appeals, horror story, jail population, lindsay lohan, los angeles county superior court, marsha, meena, mtv movie awards, rehabilitation facility, revel, scram bracelet, superior court judge