Lindsay Lohan Pleaded Not Guilty To Grand Theft ChargeFebruary 10th, 2011 - 4:14 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Feb 10, (THAINDIAN NEWS) On Wednesday, troubled starlet Lindsay Lohan appeared on court for the grand theft charge of stealing a $2,500 necklace from a jewelery store. The actress was, however, pleaded not guilty and granted bail and granted bail at $40,000. However, Judge Keith Schwartz warned her to stay out of the shop and any other kind of legal trouble.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Keith L. Schwartz also said that the next hearing of the grand theft charge would be on February 23. While speaking with Lindsay Lohan, the Judge told her that she should follow the law like anybody else. He also said that the “Mean Girls” actress is no exception and not different from every other person as far as law is concerned and hence she should not push her luck to the extremes. Lindsay Lohan did not speak much in the courtroom but the eyewitnesses reported that it seemed the actress was listening to the Judge attentively. Lindsay Lohan wore a tight fitted white short dress and her lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley accompanied her.
On the other hand, the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office charged Lindsay Lohan with felony grand theft and if convicted, she could face prison sentence for three years. Lindsay Lohan, reportedly, said that the necklace was loaned to her by the jewelery store and her assistant returned it to the police. On the other hand, prosecutor Danette Meyers said that a good probationer would never pick up a new case! Moreover, she also rejected the idea that Lindsay Lohan has been well behaved while she was on probation. In the courtroom, Lindsay Lohan provided DNA samples for further investigation.
- Is LiLo considering plea deal in theft case? - Mar 05, 2011
- Judge warns Lindsay Lohan: 'Don't push your luck' - Feb 10, 2011
- Lohan seeking reduced jail term - Mar 05, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan's lawyer: Stolen necklace not worth $2500 - Feb 14, 2011
- LiLo turns down plea offer in necklace theft case - Mar 11, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan released on bail - Apr 23, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan visits women centre - May 04, 2011
- No jail for Lohan for now - Mar 11, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan might be looking at some more jail time - Feb 24, 2011
- Lohan to plead not guilty in theft case - May 01, 2011
- Lindsay appears in court again - Apr 23, 2011
- LiLo 'seriously considering accepting plea deal' to reduce possible jail time - Mar 21, 2011
- LiLo should be charged with 'petty theft and not grand theft': Lawyer - Feb 14, 2011
- Report: Actress Lindsay Lohan to be charged with felony grand theft on Wednesday - Feb 09, 2011
- LiLo mulls pleading guilty in grand theft trial - Apr 19, 2011
Tags: angeles superior court, courtroom, danette, dna samples, eyewitnesses, gina gomez, holley, jewelery store, l schwartz, legal trouble, lindsay lohan, los angeles district attorney, los angeles superior court, mean girls, new case, prison sentence, probationer, short dress, starlet, superior court judge