Lindsay Lohan might spend jail term at homeMay 12th, 2011 - 8:51 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, May 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department spokesman has told reporters that it is likely that Lindsay Lohan might spend her jail sentence in her home. Steve Whitmore denied that the move is because Lohan is a celebrity.
However he explained that because of overcrowding at the prisons in L.A. and budget constraints, getting Lohan to serve her time in her house with electronic monitors seem the best option.
Lohan was sentenced to 120 days in jail for violating her 2007 DUI probation. On Wednesday, her lawyer pleaded no contest in the case involving the theft of a $2,500 necklace. The lawyer also indicated that the 24-year-old actress wishes to throw out her appeal of the earlier sentence. Based on her own plea, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Stephanie Sautner sentenced Lohan to 120 days which will run concurrently with the earlier sentence. She was expected to report to jail latest by the 17th of June.
Whitmore says it is likely that Lohan might only serve 16-17 days of her sentence under house arrest. He explained that Lohan is benefiting from a measure which was introduced to address the bulging number of prisoners in the various jails.
Lohan released a statement after the ruling saying she was happy to have closed that chapter in her life. She hopes to concentrate on her acting career after serving her term.
- Lindsay Lohan released on bail - Apr 23, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan is the new face of Philipp Plein - Sep 26, 2011
- Lohan under house arrest - May 27, 2011
- LiLo poised to avoid jail term in necklace theft case - May 04, 2011
- LiLo jailed for 4 months in necklace theft case - Apr 23, 2011
- Lohan likely to be released on Aug 2 - Jul 22, 2010
- Lohan enjoys night out - Jul 03, 2011
- Lohan to plead not guilty in theft case - May 01, 2011
- LiLo 'to plead no contest' in $2,500 necklace theft case - May 01, 2011
- Lohan in jail again - Nov 08, 2011
- Actress Lindsay Lohan back in court for her progress hearing - Jul 22, 2011
- Court asks Lohan to take psychological counselling - Jul 22, 2011
- Lohan to return to court for that stink - Jun 23, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan released from jail - Nov 07, 2011
- Lohan to go for psychological counselling (Lead) - Jul 22, 2011
Tags: acting career, angeles superior court, budget constraints, department spokesman, dui, electronic monitors, house arrest, jail sentence, jail term, jails, lindsay lohan, los angeles county, los angeles county sheriff, los angeles superior court, overcrowding, plea, prisoners, prisons, probation, superior court judge