Linda Edger pays tribute to Judy GarlandJune 7th, 2009 - 8:34 pm ICT by GD
Broadway musical star and actress Linda Edger will be celebrating the musical legacy of Judy Garland on June 9 and 10. The American songstress will be flocked by Keith Lockhart and the Boston Pops for the celebratory ceremony.
Linda Edger, one of the most talented and versatile vocalist in present the scenario, will sing songs made famous by Judy Garland such as “The boy next door”, “The trolley song”, the irreplaceable “Over the window”, “You made me love you”, “Zing! Went the strings of my heart” and more. Edger’s powerful vocals will certainly make those legendary songs alluring.
On June 1, Monday, Edger had participated in the charity fund raising “A Spring Night Gala” at the Lincoln Center for the New York Hospitals Queens. The strength of people attending the musical extravaganza was 2,600. The others to perform that was the Duke Ellington Orchestra. During the full course of the event, the hospital managed to raise a substantial amount of $ 2.1 million.
Come June 13, Linda Edger will be performing in a concert at the Feinstein eponymous club at Loews Regency. On June 11, Michael Feinstein will be performing solo, without Cheyenne Jackson. The duo are collaborating for the first time for a joint stage venture titled “The Power of Two”. Their performances will be held from June 2 to June 12, with additional shows on June 25, 26 and 27.
Linda Edger is scheduled for a performance at the Center Stage at the Richmond hill Performing Arts Center for the 2009- 2010 season over two evenings on April 28 and 29 in 2010. It will be Edger’s debut Canadian performance. Over the next few months some of the biggest names in the glitzy world of music will be making their appearances there.
- Frank Loesser Remembered On His 100th Birthday - Jun 30, 2010
- Euro 2012: Germany can't let Italy dictate, says Loew - Jun 28, 2012
- Michael Feinstein's "American Songbook" Premieres On PBS - Oct 07, 2010
- Melissa Totten wows Madonna fans (With Images) - Aug 20, 2012
- Euro 2012: Italy were 'cleverer' than Germany, says Loew - Jun 29, 2012
- Meet the 'remix' DJS of seas - males humpback whales! - Apr 15, 2011
- US, India bond over children in a summer camp (With Images) - Jun 20, 2011
- Victoria left reunion party early for daughter - Jun 27, 2012
- We are not the favourites: German soccer coach - Jun 02, 2012
- Germans jittery but fully fit for Euro 2012 - Jun 08, 2012
- David Bowie's album the 'Gayest Ever' - Dec 16, 2009
- One killed, four hurt in Indonesia quakes - Apr 12, 2012
- Serial shopping trolley thief finally caught - Dec 02, 2011
- Lady GaGa thrilled to perform with Judy Garland's 'Wizard of Oz' slippers - Apr 01, 2011
- Lea Michele Lends Her Voice To Dorothy In "Wizard Of Oz" - Jun 13, 2010
Tags: boston pops, broadway musical, canadian performance, charity fund, cheyenne jackson, duke ellington, duke ellington orchestra, glitzy world, keith lockhart, legendary songs, michael feinstein, musical extravaganza, musical legacy, new york hospitals, strings of my heart, tribute to judy garland, trolley song, versatile vocalist, zing went the strings, zing went the strings of my heart