Lily Allen was a secret Atomic KittenApril 14th, 2009 - 1:00 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 14 (ANI): Lily Allen was once the secret voice of Atomic Kitten, it has emerged.
When Atomic Kitten members Jenny Frost, Liz Mclarnon And Natasha Hamilton were big names, they landed lucrative movie cameos ’singing’ in 2001 Brit flick ‘Mike Bassett: England Manager’, starring Ricky Tomlinson.
However, their vocal efforts weren’t up to scratch on theme tune ‘On Me ‘Ead’, penned by Lily’s dad Keith Allen.
It was then the ‘Smile’ hitmaker made her secret pop debut as a fresh-faced 14-year-old.
“When the Mike Bassett soundtrack was put together, the deadlines were really tight,” the Sun quoted a source as saying.
“The producers didn’t have time to spend a week in the studio getting the girls’ vocals sorted, plus Natasha never turned up because she was ill, so there was a panic.
“Luckily, Keith Allen wrote the song and happened to bring Lily along to a lot of the studio sessions.
“Keith said to give her a try because he thought she had a good voice. Sure enough, everyone was astounded by how good she was.
“It only took her half a day to nail it. Liz and Jenny are on the finished song but Lily was the third member, with the strongest vocal, patching the whole thing up,” the source added. (ANI)
- Father confirms Allen's pregnancy news - Jul 17, 2012
- Lily Allen pens songs about baby girl - Apr 10, 2012
- Bhansali's musical debut with 'Guzaarish' is soul-stirring (IANS Music Review) - Oct 20, 2010
- Varied musical genres in sensual 'Jism 2' (IANS Music Review) - Jul 14, 2012
- Celebs pose in the buff for Give Up Clothes for Good campaign - Apr 07, 2010
- Winehouse tracks to be used for Bond film? - Jul 29, 2011
- X-factor missing from 'Murder 2' music (IANS Music Review) - Jun 02, 2011
- 'Cocktail' soundtrack youthful, delectable mix of sounds (IANS music review) - Jun 20, 2012
- Lily Allen back from break - Jul 02, 2012
- 53rd Annual Grammy Awards Winners List - Feb 14, 2011
- Pritam scores yet again with 'Crook' music (IANS Music Review) - Sep 12, 2010
- Lily Allen plans for New Year wedding - Nov 29, 2010
- Folk meets new-age beats in 'Gangs of Wasseypur' soundtrack (IANS Music Review) - Jun 11, 2012
- Mimic fears Jackson album is fake - Nov 23, 2010
- Lily Allen to change name after wedding - Jun 04, 2011
Tags: april 14, atomic kitten, brit, debut, finished song, flick, half a day, jenny frost, keith allen, lily allen, liz mclarnon, mike bassett england manager, movie cameos, natasha hamilton, producers, ricky, ricky tomlinson, studio sessions, theme tune, vocal efforts