Lily Allen turns Queen Victoria for fancy dress gigMay 13th, 2009 - 3:06 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 13 (ANI): In what may be called as a “fancy-dress” gig, pop star Lily Allen dressed like British monarch Queen Victoria, and performed at a costume-themed concert in London on May 11.
The ‘Smile’ singer gave a free show treat at the Tabernacle venue for fans, provided they turned up for the event dressed in costumes based on the names of the city’s Underground train stations.
And Allen donned a floor-length black skirt with a corset, ermine gown and grey wig as the late royal, taking her inspiration from Victoria tube station, reports The Daily Star.
Even the audience members coloured the venue with their fancy dress creations, with revellers taking to the dance floor in a variety of Underground-themed outfits.
Fans, who came with the best get-ups, were treated to a special meet and greet session with Allen after the concert. (ANI)
- Lily Allen dresses up as Queen Victoria - May 12, 2009
- Stars Enjoy Halloween Spirit At Heidi Klum's Party - Nov 02, 2010
- Hepburn's black Tiffany's dress voted greatest female screen outfit - May 28, 2010
- Time now to groove on Bollywood's hot item songs - Jul 14, 2012
- Briton sets afire French man dressed as Mummy - Aug 27, 2012
- Madonna's corset sold for 45,000 pounds - Oct 27, 2011
- Texas candidate pictured 'with near-naked model in his PJs' - Oct 18, 2010
- JLo suffers wardrobe malfunction - Jun 20, 2011
- Gaga's dons meat dress again - May 16, 2012
- Perry unveils new gothic look - May 13, 2012
- Spice Girls to auction iconic clothes - Jun 29, 2012
- Halloween Costumes That Are In Vogue This Year - Oct 20, 2010
- How the world reacted to the British royal wedding - Apr 30, 2011
- Madonna's 'I feel fat' confession shocks Met Gala guests - May 04, 2011
- Cowgirl Jordan taunted by 'Team Andre' Manchester hecklers - Sep 01, 2009
Tags: audience members, british monarch, concert in london, corset, costumes, daily star, dance floor, fancy dress, gig, lily allen, pop star, queen victoria, revellers, skirt, tabernacle, train stations, underground train, ups, victoria tube station, wig