Lily Allen suffers second miscarriageNovember 2nd, 2010 - 1:31 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 2 (ANI): Pop singer Lily Allen has suffered her second miscarriage in just three years.
Allen suffered the miscarriage six months into her pregnancy, just after she cancelled her appearance at Sir Elton John’s charity winter ball, reports the Daily Mail.
The 25-year-old, six months pregnant with boyfriend Sam Cooper’s child, was said to be suffering from a viral infection.
Allen was rushed to the hospital on Saturday after complaining of stomach cramps, but the doctors were unable to save her unborn child.
She made a plea in a Tweet to her millions of fans from the hospital, begging them to ’say a little prayer’.
A friend said Allen and Sam were grief-stricken by their loss.
“Lily and Sam are both devastated. She had kept quiet for three months until she had the scan and doctors told her everything was okay. She was understandably so nervous after having had a miscarriage before,” the friend said.
“But as soon as she got the all-clear, she talked to everyone and anyone about how excited she was. It was her dream to become a mum and she loved showing off her bump,” the friend added.
“This is a nightmare for her and Sam. It’s too early to say how she will be able to cope with this. They are both heartbroken,” the friend said.
Allen also lost her unborn baby at four months in 2008.
Many celebrities, including Denise Van Outen, Lorraine Kelly, Myleene Klass and Emma Bunton have posted messages on their Twitter pages sending their deepest sympathies to Allen and Sam. (ANI)
- Lily Allen asks fans to pray for her - Nov 03, 2010
- Bieber, Perry sympathize with 'devastated' Lily Allen after baby loss - Nov 03, 2010
- Pregnant Allen worries for unborn baby - Sep 10, 2011
- Lily Allen & Sam Cooper plan a New Year wedding - Nov 28, 2010
- Lily Allen has a miscarriage - Nov 02, 2010
- Showbiz pals support Amanda Holden after baby tragedy - Feb 07, 2011
- Lily Allen plans for New Year wedding - Nov 29, 2010
- Lily Allen may plan New Year wedding to tide over baby grief - Nov 29, 2010
- Lily Allen trying for another baby in the New Year - Dec 17, 2010
- Lily Allen on losing her baby - Mar 08, 2011
- Pregnant Allen marries Cooper - Jun 12, 2011
- Pregnant Lily Allen Injures Her Wrist After A Fall At Restaurant - Aug 22, 2010
- Lily Allen gets a new name - Aug 06, 2012
- Father confirms Allen's pregnancy news - Jul 17, 2012
- Lilly Allen hospitalised - Nov 07, 2010
Tags: daily mail, deepest sympathies, denise van outen, emma bunton, heartbroken, lily allen, little prayer, lorraine kelly, myleene klass, nov 2, pop singer, s child, sam cooper, sir elton john, stomach cramps, tweet, unborn baby, unborn child, viral infection, winter ball