Lily Allen dumps boyfriends for songwriting inspiration!April 28th, 2009 - 1:06 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 28 (ANI): Lily Allen has confessed that she has often left her boyfriends to gather “inspiration” for songs.
The 23-year-old pop star, who has been with a series of older men including 45-year-old art dealer Jay Joplin and music producer Ed Chew, revealed she gets “mean” if she reaches a mental and creative block.
“I’ve actually broken up with boyfriends for inspiration,” the Daily Express quoted her as saying in an interview for Radio Times.
“When I hit a period of not being able to write music, I get up and walk away. It’s pretty mean but it’s true,” she added.
The daughter of actor Keith Allen recently said she had put a question mark over her songwriting talents when she appeared to be “more famous for being a train wreck than a singer” last year. (ANI)
- Father confirms Allen's pregnancy news - Jul 17, 2012
- Lily Allen fears she will be alone forever - Jun 12, 2009
- Lily Allen says she fancies cricketer Graham Onions - Aug 04, 2009
- Lily Allen to try for baby again - Dec 17, 2010
- Lily Allen back from break - Jul 02, 2012
- Lily Allen''s new PS100m mogul beau is 22years her senior - Jan 03, 2009
- Pregnant Allen worries for unborn baby - Sep 10, 2011
- Lily Allen Living In Fear - Sep 12, 2010
- Lily Allen 'is desperate for a boyfriend' - Jun 15, 2009
- Pregnant Lily Allen Injures Her Wrist After A Fall At Restaurant - Aug 22, 2010
- Lily Allen to spend honeymoon at Glastonbury - May 21, 2011
- Allen inspires Minogue for vintage dress - Mar 31, 2011
- Lily Allen imposes sex ban to improve music! - May 01, 2009
- Lily Allen & Sam Cooper plan a New Year wedding - Nov 28, 2010
- Lilly Allen wears blonde wig for date with ex-boyfriend - Jun 24, 2009
Tags: art dealer, boyfriends, creative block, daily express, inspiration, jay joplin, keith allen, lily allen, london, music producer, old art, older men, pop star, question mark, radio times, songwriting talents, train wreck