Lily Allen branded immature for urging parents to encourage kids to try drugsFebruary 15th, 2009 - 12:47 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 15 (ANI): British singer Lily Allen has been branded immature after she urged parents to encourage their kids to try drugs.
The 23-year-old pop singers said that potentially lethal Class A drugs like ecstasy might not harm them so the best way to find out was to take them.
Parents should say, Drugs might seem fun, but they do funny things to your brain. Some people react to it good, some dont. Try it and see what
you think. News of the World quoted Allen, as saying.
The singer said that only fame stops her bingeing on ecstasy pills.
If I hadnt been famous Id have taken loads. Wouldnt be too wise right now, Allen said.
Ive never been good with cocaine or drugs like that. They make me passionately angry on everything. I steer clear of heroin or crack, she added.
However, Tory MP Patrick Mercer has called Lilys drug rant extraordinary.
Rob Broomfield, of Dads Against Drugs, slammed her as immature. (ANI)
- Lily Allen to sue UK tabloid over drugs endorsement claim - Feb 17, 2009
- Lil Wayne itching for drugs - Oct 20, 2011
- Cocaine chronicles: Metros see steep rise in party drugs - Nov 09, 2011
- Study: Alcohol is more harmful than heroin - Nov 01, 2010
- Robbie Williams says he was 24hrs away from death during prescription drugs binge - Oct 08, 2009
- Three Nigerians held with drugs in Delhi - May 20, 2011
- Texas cops uncover Obama ecstasy pills - Dec 03, 2009
- Ecstasy pills more harmful than earlier thought - Jul 26, 2012
- Paul McCartney quits drugs for daughter - Feb 16, 2012
- Ecstasy use does not decrease mental ability: Study - Feb 16, 2011
- Lily Allen is pregnant again! - Jul 09, 2012
- Belgium city biggest cocaine user in Europe - Aug 15, 2011
- Amy Winehouse determined to stay sober - Jun 15, 2010
- Amy Winehouse claims she hasn't used drugs in almost 3 years - Oct 06, 2010
- Charlie Sheen 'nearly died 4 times from drug overdoses' - Mar 10, 2011