Lily Allen admits suffering body dysmorphiaDecember 11th, 2009 - 2:20 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 11(ANI): Lily Allen has admitted that she’s suffering from body dysmorphia, a psychological disorder which leaves her preoccupied with her weight.
The singer has long struggled with her body image and she shocked fans in 2007 by discussing her fears over her shape on her online blog.
However, after embarking on a healthy eating and exercise regime, Allen now sports a svelte new figure.
And she has opened up about her battle with the bulge, admitting she suffers from a crippling condition, which affects the way she sees herself.
“(In the mirror I see) someone who is more overweight that they actually are. I’ve got a touch of (body) dysmorphia,” the Daily Express quoted her as telling Q magazine.
However, the pop star is trying to overcome the disorder with help from her new boyfriend, Sam Cooper.
“I was sitting in bed last night and I caught sight of myself in the mirror. I said, ‘God, that’s a funny looking thing.’ My boyfriend said, ‘You are, but in a very sweet and beautiful way.’ That was smooth of him,” Allen said. (ANI)
- Lily Allen has a miscarriage - Nov 02, 2010
- Lily Allen feels she looks overweight - Feb 07, 2010
- Bieber, Perry sympathize with 'devastated' Lily Allen after baby loss - Nov 03, 2010
- Lily Allen on losing her baby - Mar 08, 2011
- Lily Allen plans for New Year wedding - Nov 29, 2010
- Lily Allen & Sam Cooper plan a New Year wedding - Nov 28, 2010
- Pregnant Allen worries for unborn baby - Sep 10, 2011
- Lily Allen trying for another baby in the New Year - Dec 17, 2010
- Allen's long battle with life - Mar 09, 2011
- Lily Allen to try for baby again - Dec 17, 2010
- Allen turns fashion journalist - May 28, 2011
- Lily Allen says 'sobriety has opened her eyes' - Sep 20, 2010
- Pregnant Lily Allen Injures Her Wrist After A Fall At Restaurant - Aug 22, 2010
- Pregnant Lily falls, hurt - Aug 19, 2010
- Lily Allen enjoying sobriety during pregnancy - Sep 19, 2010
Tags: beautiful way, blog, body dysmorphia, body image, bulge, daily express, exercise regime, fears, god, healthy eating, lily allen, london, mirror, new boyfriend, pop star, psychological disorder, q magazine, sam cooper, shape