LiLo ‘to plead no contest’ in $2,500 necklace theft caseMay 1st, 2011 - 2:59 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 01 (ANI): If reports are to be believed, then Lindsay Lohan is set to plead no contest in the 2,500 dollars necklace theft case.
The 24-year-old actress and her lawyer will tell Judge Stephanie Sautner of the decision as early as next week, according to TMZ.
Lohan has already been sentenced to 120 days jail and 480 hours community service after Sautner ruled she had violated the terms of her probation stemming from a 2007 DIU case.
Now the ‘Mean Girls’ star is hoping to put an end to the jewellery theft case by entering a no contest plea, reports the Daily Mail.
In U.S. law, no contest means the defendant is still claiming no guilt, but no longer contesting the charges brought.
Lohan and her attorney Shawn Holley are said to be hopeful that Sautner will not add extra jail time based on the new plea. (ANI)
- Lohan to plead not guilty in theft case - May 01, 2011
- LiLo 'will not accept plea deal in felony grand theft case' - Mar 24, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan released on bail - Apr 23, 2011
- Is LiLo considering plea deal in theft case? - Mar 05, 2011
- Actress Lindsay Lohan back in court for her progress hearing - Jul 22, 2011
- Lindsay turns down plea deal in necklace theft - Mar 24, 2011
- LiLo jailed for 4 months in necklace theft case - Apr 23, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan might spend jail term at home - May 12, 2011
- LiLo poised to avoid jail term in necklace theft case - May 04, 2011
- Paris Hilton is mean: Lindsay Lohan - May 06, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan's lawyer: Stolen necklace not worth $2500 - Feb 14, 2011
- Lindsay will be acquitted, says her lawyer - Mar 25, 2011
- Lohan signs up for counselling - Aug 13, 2011
- Lohan seeking reduced jail term - Mar 05, 2011
- LiLo mulls pleading guilty in grand theft trial - Apr 19, 2011