LiLo to be charged in necklace theftFebruary 9th, 2011 - 11:38 am ICT by ANI
London, Feb 09 (ANI): Lindsay Lohan, who recently checked out of rehab, is to be charged with felony grand theft of 2,500 dollars (1,600 pounds) necklace reportedly stolen from a jewellery shop last month.
District Attorney’s spokeswoman Jane Robison said the charge would be filed on Wednesday, reports the Telegraph.
The actress is due in court for an arraignment on Wednesday afternoon.
The charge brings the ‘Mean Girls’ star another step closer to jail.
Lohan, 24, remains on probation for a 2007 drunken driving case and a judge had threatened to throw her in jail if she ran into trouble again.
Los Angeles police said on Feb. 2 that Lohan was under investigation for taking a necklace from a Venice shop later identified as Kamofie and Co. Detectives obtained a search warrant to try to retrieve the item from Lohan’s home, but it was turned into a police station before any search was made. (ANI)
- Lindsay's theft case adjourned - Feb 04, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Accused Of Necklace Theft - Feb 03, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan's lawyer: Stolen necklace not worth $2500 - Feb 14, 2011
- LiLo will serve jail time if she pleads guilty in grand theft case, says judge - Feb 24, 2011
- Report: Actress Lindsay Lohan to be charged with felony grand theft on Wednesday - Feb 09, 2011
- Lindsay appears in court again - Apr 23, 2011
- Lohan will be charged in theft case - Feb 09, 2011
- DA 'insists' Lohan should serve jail time if any plea deal is reached - Feb 12, 2011
- Lohan to plead not guilty in theft case - May 01, 2011
- Is LiLo considering plea deal in theft case? - Mar 05, 2011
- Lindsay to plead no-contest in theft case - Mar 22, 2011
- Jewellery store owner doesn't want charges against Lohan - Feb 12, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan released on bail - Apr 23, 2011
- Lohan necklace up for grabs - Mar 10, 2011
- Diamond necklace 'stolen' by LiLo to be auctioned off - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: actress, arraignment, detectives, district attorney, feb 2, felony, jewellery shop, lindsay lohan, london feb, mean girls, police station, probation, search warrant, spokeswoman, telegraph, venice, wednesday afternoon