LiLo should be charged with ‘petty theft and not grand theft’: LawyerFebruary 14th, 2011 - 2:28 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Feb 14 (ANI): Lindsay Lohan’s lawyer has insisted that the actress, who allegedly stole Komofie n Co. gold necklace last month, should be charged with ‘petty theft and not grand theft’ as the necklace is not worth 2,500 dollars.
Four days after the 24-year-old “Mean Girls” star pleaded not guilty to stealing a chain from a Venice, Calif. boutique on Jan. 22, her attorney has said the necklace isn’t worth anywhere the amount the store was asking for.
Various Los Angeles jewelers have appraised the one-of-a-kind piece Lohan is alleged to have taken at between 800 dollars and 1,000, dollars.
“It seems to me that the appropriate charge, based on the fair market value of the goods, should have been petty theft and not grand theft,” the New York Daily News quoted LiLo’s lawyer, Shawn Holley, as telling TMZ.
A petty theft charge is punishable by six months in jail, a much lighter sentence than the 3-1/2 years Lohan could face if convicted of grand theft.(ANI)
- Lindsay Lohan's lawyer: Stolen necklace not worth $2500 - Feb 14, 2011
- Is LiLo considering plea deal in theft case? - Mar 05, 2011
- DA 'insists' Lohan should serve jail time if any plea deal is reached - Feb 12, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan visits women centre - May 04, 2011
- LiLo's '$25K necklace stealing' video sold for $350K! - Mar 07, 2011
- Actress Lindsay Lohan back in court for her progress hearing - Jul 22, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan due back in court, twice in the span of a week - Feb 23, 2011
- Is Lindsay Lohan considering a plea deal? - Mar 21, 2011
- Lohan to plead not guilty in theft case - May 01, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan's white dress sells out - Feb 11, 2011
- LiLo's escape story is 'absurd' and 'untrue' says lawyer - Oct 15, 2010
- LiLo could get away from grand theft charge, thanks to mystery witness - Feb 16, 2011
- LiLo didn't steal necklace, says attorney - Feb 06, 2011
- LiLo 'to plead no contest' in $2,500 necklace theft case - May 01, 2011
- Judge warns Lindsay Lohan: 'Don't push your luck' - Feb 10, 2011
Tags: actress, fair market value, feb 14, gold necklace, holley, jewelers, lawyer new york, lindsay lohan, mean girls, new york daily news, petty theft, six months, theft charge, venice, york daily news