LiLo jailed for 4 months in necklace theft caseApril 23rd, 2011 - 11:54 am ICT by ANI
London, April 23 (ANI): Troubled star Lindsay Lohan has reportedly been jailed for four-months in the 2,500 dollars necklace theft case.
The ‘Mean Girls’ star however scored a legal victory when her felony grand theft charge was reduced to a misdemeanour.
However in less than an hour after downgrading the offence, Judge Stephanie Sautner threw the book at the actress and sentenced her to a four-month jail term, reports the Daily Mail.
The decision came after the Judge had heard testimonies against her in the necklace theft case and declared that there was sufficient evidence that she had violated her probation, which stems from a 2007 DUI.
The 24-year-old showed little reaction when she was handed down the ruling and was swiftly led away from court by bailiffs.
The judge also ordered Lohan to serve more than 400 hours of community service at a women’s centre and the Los Angeles County Morgue. (ANI)
- Lindsay Lohan released on bail - Apr 23, 2011
- LiLo poised to avoid jail term in necklace theft case - May 04, 2011
- LiLo 'to plead no contest' in $2,500 necklace theft case - May 01, 2011
- Lohan to plead not guilty in theft case - May 01, 2011
- Actress Lindsay Lohan back in court for her progress hearing - Jul 22, 2011
- Lindsay turns down plea deal in necklace theft - Mar 24, 2011
- LiLo 'will not accept plea deal in felony grand theft case' - Mar 24, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan is the new face of Philipp Plein - Sep 26, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan might spend jail term at home - May 12, 2011
- Lindsay starts community service - May 07, 2011
- I support the judge's decision: Lohan - May 12, 2011
- Lindsay will be acquitted, says her lawyer - Mar 25, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan visits women centre - May 04, 2011
- Lohan signs up for counselling - Aug 13, 2011
- LiLo to be charged in necklace theft - Feb 09, 2011
Tags: 4 months, actress, bailiffs, daily mail, felony, four months, jail term, legal victory, lindsay lohan, london, los angeles county, los angeles county morgue, mean girls, misdemeanour, offence, probation, stephanie, theft case