LiLo facing 3 years in state prison over ‘necklace theft’February 6th, 2011 - 12:55 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 6 (ANI): It has emerged that Lindsay Lohan, accused of stealing a 2,500-dollar necklace from a jewellery store, faces a maximum three years in a state prison if convicted.
According to TMZ.com, the troubled actress will be charged with felony grand theft as early as next week.
Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney Steve Cron told Fox News that Lohan may very well be prosecuted over the incident, although it is hardly likely she would be sentenced to a full three years.
“There is a likelihood. It seems to me that she got caught stealing that necklace and it appears that somebody talked her into returning it a week later and had someone drop it off but it was too little too late. She had already stolen it, so I think she will get prosecuted,” Cron surmised.
“It’s unlikely that she is going to get 3 years in state prison because although she’s screwed up repeatedly on probation, but she certainly can get a lot more time in county jail,” he said.
“Judge Fox could give her 6 months for violating probation in Beverly Hills and another judge who hears the case on grand theft could decide to send her for more time in county jail or he could send her to state prison. It’s more likely that she is going to go to an extended period in county jail. It wouldn’t be 30 or 60 days, it’s going to be a substantially longer sentence than that,” Cron added. (ANI)
- Lindsay Lohan's lawyer: Stolen necklace not worth $2500 - Feb 14, 2011
- DA 'insists' Lohan should serve jail time if any plea deal is reached - Feb 12, 2011
- LiLo 'seriously considering accepting plea deal' to reduce possible jail time - Mar 21, 2011
- Is LiLo considering plea deal in theft case? - Mar 05, 2011
- LiLo jailed for 4 months in necklace theft case - Apr 23, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Pleaded Not Guilty To Grand Theft Charge - Feb 10, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan visits women centre - May 04, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan is the new face of Philipp Plein - Sep 26, 2011
- Lindsay's theft case adjourned - Feb 04, 2011
- LiLo fuming over jail sentence, says pal - Apr 24, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan due back in court, twice in the span of a week - Feb 23, 2011
- Lindsay turns down plea deal in necklace theft - Mar 24, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan might spend jail term at home - May 12, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan released from jail - Nov 07, 2011
- Judge warns Lindsay Lohan: 'Don't push your luck' - Feb 10, 2011
Tags: 3 years, actress, beverly hills, county jail, criminal defense attorney, cron, felony, fox news, jewellery store, likelihood, lindsay lohan, los angeles criminal defense attorney, state prison, violating probation