LiLo accuser dropping criminal battery charge against herDecember 25th, 2010 - 11:34 am ICT by ANI
New York, Dec 25 (ANI): Lindsay Lohan’s accuser Dawn Holland is dropping criminal battery charge against the starlet.
Days after former Betty Ford Center staffer Holland claimed an “out of control” Lohan was violent during a Dec. 12 incident, a lawyer for the chemical dependency technician says she’s no longer pursuing a criminal battery charge against her.
“Dawn will not continue to press charges against Lindsay, nor will she be assisting any further in the investigation or prosecution,” the New York Daily News quoted her attorney, Keith Davidson, as telling TMZ.
Earlier this week, Holland recounted to the gossip site how Lohan allegedly sprained the worker’s wrist when the actress tried to grab a phone from her. Shortly after the video interview was posted, Betty Ford fired Holland for breaking confidentiality policies.
That same day, a police spokesperson confirmed that “Lohan was reported as the suspect in the investigation and the victim desired prosecution.”
It’s unclear how the investigation will proceed now that Holland will no longer cooperate with the authorities.
Holland, who is also a recovering addict, doesn’t want to “do anything that would violate Lindsay’s probation or cause an arrest,” Davidson said.
In fact, he added point-blankly that “A crime has quite simply not been committed by Ms. Lohan,” and noted that if Holland is subpoenaed, “she won’t” respond. (ANI)
- Lindsay may face assault charges - Jan 05, 2011
- LiLo faces battery charge - Jan 05, 2011
- 911 call of LiLo's rehab scuffle released - Apr 02, 2011
- DA launches investigation into LiLo's criminal battery case - Mar 26, 2011
- I Am Not At Fault: Lindsay Lohan - Dec 22, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan escapes being charged in rehab assault case - Jan 13, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan: What Led Her To Another Scuffle Again? - Jan 05, 2011
- Rehab center worker fired after brawl with Lindsay Lohan - Dec 22, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan's lawyer: Stolen necklace not worth $2500 - Feb 14, 2011
- Cops believe LiLo was 'under the influence' at rehab - Jan 06, 2011
- LiLo accuser 'regrets' causing rehab controversy - Dec 24, 2010
- Rehab worker sacked after claiming LiLo assaulted her - Dec 22, 2010
- Lohan won't be charged for rehab assault - Mar 30, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan 'to leave rehab Jan. 4' - Dec 29, 2010
- Rehab Stuff Fired For Blabbing Out Alleged Altercation With Lindsay Lohan - Dec 23, 2010
Tags: addict, battery charge, betty ford, betty ford center, chemical dependency, confidentiality policies, dec 25, gossip, holland, lindsay lohan, new york daily news, new york dec, police spokesperson, probation, prosecution, staffer, starlet, tmz, video interview, york daily news