LiLo accuser dropping criminal battery charge against her

December 25th, 2010 - 11:34 am ICT by ANI  

Lindsay Lohan New York, Dec 25 (ANI): Lindsay Lohan’s accuser Dawn Holland is dropping criminal battery charge against the starlet.

Days after former Betty Ford Center staffer Holland claimed an “out of control” Lohan was violent during a Dec. 12 incident, a lawyer for the chemical dependency technician says she’s no longer pursuing a criminal battery charge against her.

“Dawn will not continue to press charges against Lindsay, nor will she be assisting any further in the investigation or prosecution,” the New York Daily News quoted her attorney, Keith Davidson, as telling TMZ.

Earlier this week, Holland recounted to the gossip site how Lohan allegedly sprained the worker’s wrist when the actress tried to grab a phone from her. Shortly after the video interview was posted, Betty Ford fired Holland for breaking confidentiality policies.

That same day, a police spokesperson confirmed that “Lohan was reported as the suspect in the investigation and the victim desired prosecution.”

It’s unclear how the investigation will proceed now that Holland will no longer cooperate with the authorities.

Holland, who is also a recovering addict, doesn’t want to “do anything that would violate Lindsay’s probation or cause an arrest,” Davidson said.

In fact, he added point-blankly that “A crime has quite simply not been committed by Ms. Lohan,” and noted that if Holland is subpoenaed, “she won’t” respond. (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Entertainment |

Subscribe