Lilly stayed in mouldy house to save money

May 19th, 2008 - 2:34 pm ICT by admin  

London, May 19 (IANS) “Lost” star Evangeline Lilly says she is a miser and only moved out of a mould-infested house in Hawaii, where the popular TV serial was being shot, after it made her ill. Acording to, Lilly bought a new house after her previous house in Hawaii burned down. But her new house had fungus growing inside and it took a toll on her health.

She said: “I bought a house last summer and I ended up finding out that it was completely mould-infested. I was being poisoned by the mould and was therefore very ill for the first four months of the shooting season.

“But I didn’t find out for four months and I didn’t move from the house even though I knew something was wrong and I was probably not well because I’m just really cheap and if I have to pay a mortgage and rent, I’m not a happy person. Eventually, my illness overrode my thriftiness. I really wasn’t well. The pipes were contaminated.”

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Entertainment |